• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The depth chart for Week 1 against Akron.

In this league we are going to need two good QBs. So yeah I agree
Unless we get REAL lucky we're going to need 2 good QB's. Not a 2nd string ho-hum type but the real deal. We need a QB that could play or start for other teams P5 schools of which I believe TG is one. Talk about him transfering before we even play a single game is well... ridicilous. TG could well be the starter before the season is finished? Who knows because the competition was obviously close or AM would have been named sooner.

Bottom line I'm hoping TG sticks it out and becomes a valuable member of a championship team! Gotta look down the road a couple of years and believe Nebraska will be back in the hunt sooner then later....

As ballyhooed a recruit Lindsey was, it is looking like he is kinda ordinary. Now Spielman on the other hand will be outstanding

As ballyhooed a recruit Lindsey was, it is looking like he is kinda ordinary. Now Spielman on the other hand will be outstanding
Based on one season where Lindsey was recovering from injuries? He beat a case of rhabdo and made the 2 deep. I'm anxious to see both of then shine this year.

What makes you think that?
was not much of an impact last year and not really looking to be a big impact this year. Hope I am wrong on that. Spielman has a lot of experience from last year and Morgan a great receiver plus Williams coming in have pushed him down some. He just doesn't seem to be able to get open

congrats to both qb's. this wont be a one qb season. frost wont stand by and watch the turnover fiasco we've had to endure. if a guy gets hurt or turns it over or cant move the ball the next guy up will be in their. I'm not dismissing seeing a Bunch of qb's this season.

congrats to both qb's. this wont be a one qb season. frost wont stand by and watch the turnover fiasco we've had to endure. if a guy gets hurt or turns it over or cant move the ball the next guy up will be in their. I'm not dismissing seeing a Bunch of qb's this season.
I am hoping we can get comfortable enough in games to where we can play 2-3 qb's this year. We struggled even against lesser teams the last few years

He probably transfers at the end of the year if it is clear that AM is the guy for the next 3 years. And I would absolutely advise him to do so if he wanted to play.

Given that we have our '19 and '20 QB's committed, I have felt all year that Gebbia wouldnt be here by next May. You might move that up to Feb now.

was not much of an impact last year and not really looking to be a big impact this year. Hope I am wrong on that. Spielman has a lot of experience from last year and Morgan a great receiver plus Williams coming in have pushed him down some. He just doesn't seem to be able to get open

True Frosh last year who frankly was not given many opportunities. Inuries slowed him a bit too. This offense will give him all the opportunities he wants.

Last edited:
Vedral did not exactly dazzle during the spring game and he is the guy with experience in the offense. Not sold on him just yet.

I was surprised by how average he looked. I kinda thought he was the top guy, given his experience in the offense, but would be #4 due to ineligibility. I put him at #4 after spring game.

As *** and others pointed out, he was going against the top unit, so he may not have had as good of supporting cast, but I expected more.

Last edited:

I am hoping we can get comfortable enough in games to where we can play 2-3 qb's this year. We struggled even against lesser teams the last few years
i'm thinking more of the fighting for our lives type situation rather than the blowout type. think we will need all hands on deck this year and we have a coach that will use them

i'm thinking more of the fighting for our lives type situation rather than the blowout type. think we will need all hands on deck this year and we have a coach that will use them
I hope we don't have to deal with the injury situation but we seem to get our qb dinged up every year and had to use the backup.

I hope I am wrong but I don't think we will have a lot of games in which we can bring in subs just to give them experience. I hope I'm wrong, but except for possibilities in the first couple of games and maybe one or two later, we are going to have to have our best available hands on deck throughout the games; we have a hellish tough schedule. I don't see going to Gebbia as that situation at all; I think he is one of the best available, so I too expect to see him often during the season and by the end of the year, he will have accumulated a lot of experience if he turns out to be as good as advertised.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back