• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"The creighton thing"

Creighton has had a Cinderella season in the Big East. They lose big players next year. This was their year to steal the East and they fell flat last night. I was rooting for them last night but I don't really care now. I generally don't like Creighton either because they despise NU for the most part. MCDermott was a special player. Not sure they ever get the press they got this year ever again.

Creighton has had a Cinderella season in the Big East. They lose big players next year. This was their year to steal the East and they fell flat last night. I was rooting for them last night but I don't really care now. I generally don't like Creighton either because they despise NU for the most part. MCDermott was a special player. Not sure they ever get the press they got this year ever again.
Wow....another post......Cinderella season???????

"The creighton thing"

This whole thread is hilarious....

There's crap fans on both sides, and if you guys don't think there's a good chunk of the Nebraska fanbase with that "elitist" attitude, you need to get out more often....

I don't see what the problem is, with living in the state of Nebraska, and rooting for both teams from the state of Nebraska....

There's crap fans on both sides, and if you guys don't think there's a good chunk of the Nebraska fanbase with that "elitist" attitude, you need to get out more often....

I don't see what the problem is, with living in the state of Nebraska, and rooting for both teams from the state of Nebraska....
Tight panties

+1

I generally don't like Creighton either because they despise NU for the most part.

They who? Players? Doubt it. Administrators? Not at all. You may recall Tom Osborne worked with CU a few year back (before he took over NU AD job). Can't recall in what capacity but he was helping them with something. Coaches? Not Coach Mac...he's good friends with Miles and is, I believe, genuinely happy for NU and Miles.

Oh...you mean the fans? Like I mentioned in a different post there are probably 5% of fans of ANY program that are real a-wipes. CU has their's. NU has their's. You will have CU fans get on HHC and act foolish. And you will have husker fans get on the CU board and do the same. But it's a VERY small percentage.

CU has a rather diverse fan base. There are a lot that aren't from Nebraska and don't care about Nebraska football...and therefore, NU athletics one way or another. There are people like me...fans of both athletic programs. There are bandwagoners. Rich, poor, working class, black, white, etc. I know...I go to all the games. I sit up in the upper bowl with the common folk. The reality is that "they" don't hate Nebraska. No more than "they" hate Villanova, Missouri State, etc. "They" are just your average fans.

Going back to the OP...why do you need to "get it" or "understand it"? Omaha is in the unique position of being in a state with a "dominant" D1 athletic program (dominant in the sense that everyone in the state can relate or connect with NU in some way)...and at the same time there's the local University. How is it difficult to understand that if that University has some success that it would garner support? Success breeds support. Doesn't matter who or where. Did anyone care about NU baseball before they got good? NU Volleyball...anyone really think anyone would care about that if they were a .500 program? (by the way...most of those posting on this board today were NOWHERE to be found 4 weeks ago) What makes people think that THEIR way of being a fan is how everyone else should see it? That their life experience is the same as everyone else's? I can assure you if you grew up in Omaha and attended CU games for the last 30+ years you'd be a fan...and you'd still be a fan of NU. It's not rocket science really. I also get why someone outside of Omaha (or even within) may not like CU. Whatever. No skin off my back side.

Sports is entertainment. It's not life and death. How someone else chooses to be entertained really isn't for me to decide if it's "right" or "makes sense".

One thing I've mentioned before is that I think when you a fan of one team and are in close proximity with someone rooting for the "other team" you can kind of get the impression that that fan is "obnoxious". I was sitting close to some Providence fans last night and they were into it big time...and I felt that twinge of "what jerks!" But the reality was they were just rooting like crazy for their team. It was just a little annoying because it wasn't MY team. As soon as you realize that you can get over it and realize they aren't d***s. They are just fans.

Agree

Wish I had a nickel for every time I've heard someone say CU would disappear after _______ graduated.

So McDermott wasn't an anomaly for Creighton? Big East player of the year? Aren't they talking about making a statue? Does Creighton do that for _____________ every year?

So McDermott wasn't an anomaly for Creighton? Big East player of the year? Aren't they talking about making a statue? Does Creighton do that for _____________ every year?

Does every program who loses their best player ever fall off the map?

Speaking of McDermott....I think he easily illustrates my point.....would I have been happier had he gone to UNL?? YES
If you answer any other way.....you are a basketball fan....but not a NEBRASKA basketball fan

Speaking of McDermott....I think he easily illustrates my point.....would I have been happier had he gone to UNL?? YES
If you answer any other way.....you are a basketball fan....but not a NEBRASKA basketball fan

Nebraska didn't want him. He probably would have gone to NU had Doc offered.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back