• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The 2024 portal season thread

Chubbas next school won't be near as luxurious as NU, and he won't be coddled as much. Have fun.
Last season, Rhule said both Smothers and Thompson would be welcomed back if they changed their mind. I wonder if he'd take Chubba back. I'm not convinced Purdy will find as attractive as a spot as he already has....and Nebraska could really use the depth (even if the numbers of players they need to fit on scholarship is getting overwhelming).

Last season, Rhule said both Smothers and Thompson would be welcomed back if they changed their mind. I wonder if he'd take Chubba back. I'm not convinced Purdy will find as attractive as a spot as he already has....and Nebraska could really use the depth (even if the numbers of players they need to fit on scholarship is getting overwhelming).

On3 has Cal and TCU as having strong interest. I see Cal as a better fit and would think Chubba would be exceedingly lucky to end up in such a program.

But to your point, I have mixed feelings of taking him back. The room would be much better of with a seasoned and capable QB in the fold. Is that Chubba or someone else? That’s what makes the portal interesting and a bit of a crap shoot for both teams and players in the portal.

On3 has Cal and TCU as having strong interest. I see Cal as a better fit and would think Chubba would be exceedingly lucky to end up in such a program.

But to your point, I have mixed feelings of taking him back. The room would be much better of with a seasoned and capable QB in the fold. Is that Chubba or someone else? That’s what makes the portal interesting and a bit of a crap shoot for both teams and players in the portal.

I thought I read the other day TCU had picked up a portal QB, so I figured one less option for Chubba.

I don’t really see Nebraska getting a different portal QB.

I thought I read the other day TCU had picked up a portal QB, so I figured one less option for Chubba.

I think Cal has picked up one as well. Plus, their redshirt freshman starter is returning.

Edit: I posted this in another thread. He visited North Texas.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back