• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The 2024 portal season thread

The fact that he was projected to be a Fred Warner type player shows how badly these recruiting services can miss.

Brandon Huffman had him as a multi-year P5 starter and a 3rd day draftee.
that plus lack of development is a bad combo.. Can see definitely the benefits of having the same systems in place even if coaches change..

Last edited:

The fact that he was projected to be a Fred Warner type player shows how badly these recruiting services can miss.

Brandon Huffman had him as a multi-year P5 starter and a 3rd day draftee.
He still might become something, but he has to do a lot, and his body has to respond. But the chances become more slim every day.

A former 5 star OT from LSU just hit the portal. Looks like he has 4 years to play three as he played in 12 games. I have no idea if we are interested but this sounds like talent that Coach Raiola and HCMR would have an interest in.

Last edited:

Some smoke around this very talented edge.

Doesn't seem likely...

After reportedly canceling his visit to Louisville, Scourton will take consecutive visits to Texas A&M (Jan. 3), Florida State (Jan. 4),
Missouri (Jan. 5), and Oklahoma on Jan. 6.

Eli Holstein was highly rated QB. Alabama brought in 2 QBs that year if I remember correctly...?

He was very highly regarded coming out of high school. While I think we would benefit having a kid like this come in, I don’t think HCMR would want to target a young unproven P5 talent to be basically in the same mix as our two new young guns. But if we didn’t get DR, I would think HCMR would be all over this guy.

Last edited:

Myles Farmer is back in the portal.

Myles has had his struggles and didn't play much this year at Syracuse. Hope he can gather himself and finish his career on a high note.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back