• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tailgate Fish Fry

Fly fishing is a whole other world of fishing, Zen like. So glad my dad started taking me to Montana and Wyoming to fly fish when I was around 10. Now I am lucky enough to live just a few hours from Golden trout country.

C

I don't fly fish down here as much as I did in Colorado, but I still do and still tie my own. We do have some pretty good trout streams an hour or so North of me in the North Carolina mountains. I need to frequent them more often.

One big "spot" containing lots of little "spots". 8 Miles of tail water stream filled with naturally reproducing rainbows and browns. Too bad its 5 1/4 hours from Lincoln.

Sounds like the Frying Pan in Colorado. Football size browns, if you can keep them from breaking your tippet.

I guarantee you would have an amazing time fishing for open ocean sport fish like Tuna, Dorado, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Swordfish, and Marlin. I would love to take you on a two day trip, great time.
Surfer ? (your avatar)

Myself, scared to death in the ocean. Creatures like sharks, jellyfish, killer whales, stingrays, sea monsters, etc.

Chief Brody = me (Jaws movie)

Cruise ship trip? No way. Titanic and USS Indianapolis thing.

I had enlisted Air Force service. Navy .... no thanks especially submarine (plus trace of claustrophobia)

Landlocked here .......

Have trout fished in Wyoming and Colorado, but nothing is as good as Cherry County Nebraska.

When I was a kid & at the invitation of friends from Ainsworth, we did some trout fishing near Long Pine that gave me the bug.

Would love to get back there again or to Cherry County per your recommendation.

Surfer ? (your avatar)

Myself, scared to death in the ocean. Creatures like sharks, jellyfish, killer whales, stingrays, sea monsters, etc.

Chief Brody = me (Jaws movie)

Cruise ship trip? No way. Titanic and USS Indianapolis thing.

I had enlisted Air Force service. Navy .... no thanks especially submarine (plus trace of claustrophobia)

Landlocked here .......

I am the exact opposite, I am a...

C

I don't fly fish down here as much as I did in Colorado, but I still do and still tie my own. We do have some pretty good trout streams an hour or so North of me in the North Carolina mountains. I need to frequent them more often.

I tried to do some fly tying and got okay at it, but the time and patience required escaped me at the time. Maybe I should bust out my fly tying kit and try again now that I am older and a fraction more patient.

C

I tried to do some fly tying and got okay at it, but the time and patience required escaped me at the time. Maybe I should bust out my fly tying kit and try again now that I am older and a fraction more patient.

C

Fly tying and growing bonsai is how I learned the but of patience I have. It’s very relaxing if you’re not doing it to fill an order, but that’s a story for another time.

When I was a kid & at the invitation of friends from Ainsworth, we did some trout fishing near Long Pine that gave me the bug.

Would love to get back there again or to Cherry County per your recommendation.

Long Pine is beautiful country. Much more gentle than the Snake. Doesn't compare at all as a trout stream. The prime spots on the Snake are rugged, steep canyons and hard to get to. A young man's game although I am blessed to still be able to get up and down the canyon at 60.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back