• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tailgate Fish Fry

I didn't understand fishing. Boring pastime. And flathead taste was equivalent to carp .... yucky. Only like walleye meat.

Anyway, try noodling which tend to draw a disproportionate number of male followers. For example, King of the Hill episodes The Redneck on Rainey Street and Hillbilly Handfishin'. ;)

I didn't understand fishing. Boring pastime. And flathead taste was equivalent to carp .... yucky. Only like walleye meat.

Anyway, try noodling which tend to draw a disproportionate number of male followers. For example, King of the Hill episodes The Redneck on Rainey Street and Hillbilly Handfishin'. ;)
So the guy with a fish hook for his avatar doesn't like fishing?

If you were bored fishing, either a) you probably weren't doing it right, or b) you're not the outdoors type.

Also, noodling isn't legal everywhere. Here's a map of where it is legal:

Not that my opinion matters,

I think the fish fry needs to happen 9/14, N Illinois game, 7pm kickoff locked in, I can plan way ahead of time,
@ Ksuhusker @ nustradumbass
@ crabhusker

I didn't see this until just now......

Let me look and see if I can make that weekend work.

So the guy with a fish hook for his avatar doesn't like fishing?

If you were bored fishing, either a) you probably weren't doing it right, or b) you're not the outdoors type.

Also, noodling isn't legal everywhere. Here's a map of where it is legal:
View attachment 24617

Boring for sure. Worst than curling sport.

I used to be outdoors type but not anymore (crippled). However, daily exercise ..... 3-4 miles gimp walking in my neighborhood.

Boring for sure. Worst than curling sport.

I used to be outdoors type but not anymore (crippled). However, daily exercise ..... 3-4 miles gimp walking in my neighborhood.

I guarantee you would have an amazing time fishing for open ocean sport fish like Tuna, Dorado, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Swordfish, and Marlin. I would love to take you on a two day trip, great time.

C

Its not about the fishing, it's about the beer cooler and getting away from the public,
People suck

I guarantee you would have an amazing time fishing for open ocean sport fish like Tuna, Dorado, Yellowtail, Wahoo, Swordfish, and Marlin. I would love to take you on a two day trip, great time.

C
Wahoo?

Ocean fishing is completely different than lakes/rivers. I like cod, tuna, flounder, shrimp, etc. taste.

First cast in Gulf of Mexico (Biloxi MS coastline), I caught a baby hammerhead shark ..... about 3 feet long. :eek:. The same year Jaws release !!!

I heard shark meats are pretty good flavor. Is it true?

C

I guess I just fish differently that other people. Sure, I’ll ovcasionally just relax and not be to active or let things happen like they will, but most of the time it’s not a spectator sport for me. Trout when I was in Colorado, bass, striper, crappie down here in the South,bull Reds and Specs bear shore and Snapper, cobia and amberjack off shore at all a lot of fun.

Wahoo?

Ocean fishing is completely different than lakes/rivers. I like cod, tuna, flounder, shrimp, etc. taste.

First cast in Gulf of Mexico (Biloxi MS coastline), I caught a baby hammerhead shark ..... about 3 feet long. :eek:. The same year Jaws release !!!

Shark is awesome. Mako is my personal favorite.

Wahoo?

Only shark I like is Thresher. Wahoo are a fun game fish but only venture into SoCal waters when it is really warm.

Not me.

C

Last edited:
I guess I just fish differently that other people. Sure, I’ll ovcasionally just relax and not be to active or let things happen like they will, but most of the time it’s not a spectator sport for me. Trout when I was in Colorado, bass, striper, crappie down here in the South,bull Reds and Specs bear shore and Snapper, cobia and amberjack off shore at all a lot of fun.

Fly fishing is a whole other world of fishing, Zen like. So glad my dad started taking me to Montana and Wyoming to fly fish when I was around 10. Now I am lucky enough to live just a few hours from Golden trout country.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back