• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Tailgate Fish Fry

I used to buy a jar of stink bait called Bonkers.... really good stuff. One summer Mom was making chicken and asked if I wanted the liver and guts for bait so I took all of it and cut it into pieces and put them into the jar of Bonkers. Long story short, I had the jar in the trunk of my car, forgot it was there and then one hot afternoon, it exploded.

Almost impossible to get rid of that smell....... I can still smell it.

Another trick get some cheap pork loin, cut into strips and mix the strips with some stink bait and let it sit. The strips will absorb the stink but will not come off your hook!

I used to buy a jar of stink bait called Bonkers.... really good stuff. One summer Mom was making chicken and asked if I wanted the liver and guts for bait so I took all of it and cut it into pieces and put them into the jar of Bonkers. Long story short, I had the jar in the trunk of my car, forgot it was there and then one hot afternoon, it exploded.

Almost impossible to get rid of that smell....... I can still smell it.
So, no more nooky in that car?

So, no more nooky in that car?
It was my 72 Cutlass Supreme and I had to completely remove everything from the trunk and took it to a car wash and used the big jet sprayers to practically peel the paint from the inside of that trunk. I went to the Olds dealer to replace the fabric and they wanted way too much do I found a nice set from a 71 in a salvage yard... 5 bucks. Never put the spare back in the trunk cuz the bottle was sitting under the spare when it exploded and the wheel was covered, I hosed it off in the backyard and it sat behind the garage for probably 5 years till my Dad got tired of seeing it, rolled it down to the street and sat it on my hood.

I take the livers from game animals like antelope that aren't very good to eat. Cut them into strips. Cover them in garlic salt and lay them out on a bright, hot day to dry. Once they're liver jerky, put them in a plastic container layered in leftover garlic salt. To fish them, rig them up on some hooks and soak them in whatever liquid bait you like. The drying and salting toughens them up, and it pulls in whatever liquid you soak them in like a sponge.

Anybody want any trout? I fish East Verdigre Creek quite a bit, and my wife only wants a few per year. They stock it every week, so I have no problem with pulling the newbies out of there and eating them. I could pretty much get you as much trout as you want, within legal limits.

Not that my opinion matters,

I think the fish fry needs to happen 9/14, N Illinois game, 7pm kickoff locked in, I can plan way ahead of time,
@ Ksuhusker @ nustradumbass
@ crabhusker

I hope you cook better than you @
kNLNildjayun6.gif

It was my 72 Cutlass Supreme and I had to completely remove everything from the trunk and took it to a car wash and used the big jet sprayers to practically peel the paint from the inside of that trunk. I went to the Olds dealer to replace the fabric and they wanted way too much do I found a nice set from a 71 in a salvage yard... 5 bucks. Never put the spare back in the trunk cuz the bottle was sitting under the spare when it exploded and the wheel was covered, I hosed it off in the backyard and it sat behind the garage for probably 5 years till my Dad got tired of seeing it, rolled it down to the street and sat it on my hood.
Sounds like a Seinfeld episode

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back