• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked SEC.. overated and our season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think top to bottom, they really are better and they usually show it bowl season. Certainly they get the benefit of the doubt in many situations but I think they have earned that, it wasn't given to them. I am more concerned about Nebraska and how they handle their business right now. Hopefully we can continue to improve and have a good showing in our bowl this year.

Now THIS I disagree with. The bottom half of the SEC is pretty weak.

you can't overrate the greatest conference in the history of the galaxy; they should be rated higher than number one they are so good.

What's a "bad win"? Is that like how Nebraska needed to go 80 yards with 1:20 left in the game to beat a Michigan State team that didn't win a single conference game at home this year?

It's a double standard ... depending on how our year goes, we generally start trash talking any team/conference possible. Already read it about KSU today and now the SEC. It's pretty classless if you think about it ... especially when it's coming from the most respectful fan base (that's us, I've heard).

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbc12.htm

I do not buy the whole SEC is great thing. Particularly this year. The link above is Sagarin rankings by conference ... SEC is #2 barely ahead of the Pac10, followed by the B10.

Here are the top 10 non-conference games:
1. Alabama-Michigan ... imagine THE best non-con game is a neutral site game against Michigan
2. South Carolina-Clemson
3. Auburn-Clemson ... good for Clemson
4. Florida-Florida State ... I will be a Seminole fan this week!
5. Washington-LSU
6. Rutgers-Arkansas
7. Arizona State- Missouri ... Shame on Missouri to schedule tough non-con games
8. GTech-Georgia
9. Texas-Ole Miss ... it is OK for underacneiving SEC teams to schedule tough
10. Tennessee-NC State ... game against NC State is on a top 10 list?

http://www.fbschedules.com/2012/04/top-10-2012-sec-non-conference-football-games/

Preseason Rankings:
http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1/week/2

6 SEC teams in the preseason top 25 - 5 in the top 10. Coincidence that they remain ranked high, even after they lose?

SEC is THE top rated 1-loss team, 2-loss team. What makes Alabama the top 1-loss rated team over KState, Oregon, Florida State? More than likely it is because they ('Bama) started higher in the polls.

No its not.
Yes it is.

Auburn: 3-8 (wins: Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, Alabama A&M)
Kentucky: 2-9 (wins: Kent State and Samford)
Tennessee: 4-7 (wins: NC State, Georgia State, Troy, Akron)
Arkansas: 4-7 (wins: Jacksonville State, Auburn, Kentucky, Tulsa)
Mississippi: 5-6 (wins: Central Arkansas, UTEP, Tulane, Auburn, Arkansas)
Missouri: 5-6 (wins: SE Louisiana, AZ State, UCF, Kentucky, Tennessee)

What notable victory would you cite? Missouri's wins over AZ State and UCF maybe. Every other win is either incestuous or against horrible competition.

Yes it is.

Auburn: 3-8 (wins: Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico State, Alabama A&M)
Kentucky: 2-9 (wins: Kent State and Samford)
Tennessee: 4-7 (wins: NC State, Georgia State, Troy, Akron)
Arkansas: 4-7 (wins: Jacksonville State, Auburn, Kentucky, Tulsa)
Mississippi: 5-6 (wins: Central Arkansas, UTEP, Tulane, Auburn, Arkansas)
Missouri: 5-6 (wins: SE Louisiana, AZ State, UCF, Kentucky, Tennessee)

What notable victory would you cite? Missouri's wins over AZ State and UCF maybe. Every other win is either incestuous or against horrible competition.

Throw out Kentucky and all of those teams are dangerous.

Auburn sucks this year, too. I wouldn't call them dangerous. Otherwise, I agree. Ole Miss gave LSU a run for their money this weekend ... of course, I'm sure somebody is going to say that LSU isn't a good team.

Everybody can have their own opinion, but the SEC seems to hold up well in bowl games and their top teams beat up on top out-of-conference teams.

Auburn: 3-8, Kentucky: 2-9, Tennessee: 4-7, Arkansas: 4-7, Mississippi: 5-6, Missouri: 5-6

vs

Illinois: 2-9, Indiana: 4-7, Purdue: 5-6, Michigan St: 5-6, Iowa: 4-7, Minnesota: 6-5

Auburn: 3-8, Kentucky: 2-9, Tennessee: 4-7, Arkansas: 4-7, Mississippi: 5-6, Missouri: 5-6

vs

Illinois: 2-9, Indiana: 4-7, Purdue: 5-6, Michigan St: 5-6, Iowa: 4-7, Minnesota: 6-5

Big 10 gets crushed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back