• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sebastian Harsh——-Scottsbluff, Ne sr. 6 foot 3 inches, 220 lbs

I think if he was anywhere close to the football player that Groce is, he would have at least one FBS offer. Let's not act like Groce has offers from Auburn, Alabama, and Oklahoma just because he lives by them.

I guess for me, just because recruiting isn't going well it doesn't mean you offer a guy like Harsh. If we offer him, we are in serious trouble. Those are the guys you get to walk-on (which we have offered to do) and go from there.

I feel like Isaac Gifford would be in line to receive an offer before Harsh. Gifford actually has D1 offers and Nebraska hasn't extended one in his direction yet.

I think if he was anywhere close to the football player that Groce is, he would have at least one FBS offer. Let's not act like Groce has offers from Auburn, Alabama, and Oklahoma just because he lives by them.

I guess for me, just because recruiting isn't going well it doesn't mean you offer a guy like Harsh. If we offer him, we are in serious trouble. Those are the guys you get to walk-on (which we have offered to do) and go from there.
Fine, seems like you didnt really understand my point. Again, mentioned Groce because of his 40 time as a reference, not a direct comparison. Was trying to compare Harshs upside to a low three star player from the south who has had much more coaching, and may be much smaller. Was just saying if you take a chance it might be good to take it on an in state kid that already has B1G size. BTW, it appears that recruiting, especially for LBs is a problem right now, which is why Frost is getting commits from lower rated JUCO projects vs HS high 3 star or 4 star kids.
Like Gifford as well. :Thumbsup:

Last edited:

Is Harsh even considering college football? If so I would bet HCSF has already talked to him.

He's a perfect preferred walk on. Hope he can put on some size at the training table and in the weight room and find a position to help at....and maybe earn a scholarship before it's over. He looks like an absolute stud against small town Nebraska high school athletes. He won't look like that in Lincoln. Not bagging on the kid and I love it when a Nebraska kid makes it to NU, but he's a reach.

I feel like Isaac Gifford would be in line to receive an offer before Harsh. Gifford actually has D1 offers and Nebraska hasn't extended one in his direction yet.

Agree with this. He's a guy who projects to the next level in terms of speed and could easily be envisioned playing either LB or safety and already plays in that area now. Ty Hahn is the other guy who I think is close to being the level to get an offer from NU as well. Again, clearly projects to P5 positions (WR or Safety) and plays those positions in HS already and has the size/speed characteristics to project there.

Harsh on offense, IMO, doesn't project to his current positions as a QB or ballcarrier. I do think he could be a great candidate for an HBack/Fullback role, but we don't look like we're looking to spend scholarships on that position (if we ever really run that position on the field and incorporate it -- I love having that role, but it's not up to me ;) )

On Defense, I do think he projects to LB, but I'd guess he's a base/inside LB type to me. His speed seems acceptable to that spot and he does appear faster on film than he does on his listed times. If they did offer, I think it would be with an idea of putting him at LB. If we committed to HBack/Fullback, then I could see him there -- he's good with the ball in his hands.

I think preferred walk-on is most likely, but we'll see

44 carries, 293 yds, 5 rushing TD—- played QB, RB, FB, Defensive line, rushing DE. Semi final NEB state playoff game tonight in a 49-28 win against Norris.

Plays FB, BB and is a sprinter-long jumper-relay sprinter in track/field.

Is this kid on Nebraska’s radar?
Get this kid to Lincoln....Several positions he could play...Watched him against Skutt and they could barely get this kid down...And that was with 2-3 kids trying....Hopefully our coaches will see his versatility and offer him...

It would.just suck if 4 years from now this kid is dominating at Wyoming and weve had 5 guys transfer. I know, hindsight and you can't.recruit like that. But good lord, we've been burned by lots of kids like this.

Groce is from that area and goes to camps etc, and Harsh plays in a lower class in NE. Wasnt make a direct comparison to Groce, just mentioning Groces speed as a reference point. Do you thi k he cant measure up to a low 3 star from the south that has played Football year round for his entire life, especially one that would need two years of S&C to get to B1G size? Just saying that this year, when recruiting is tough, especially at LB, might want to take a shot at an in state project with that size vs. a out of state kid project.

I just don't get it when people hang everything on a kid's 40. Those are results from ONE camp. Now he's labeled slow? Watch his film. He doesn't play like a 5.04 guy.

By the way, Luke McCaffrey "only" ran a 4.64 at a camp last year. Yet he's been called one of the fastest players on the team and certainly plays more like a kid who runs .3 faster.

I just don't get it when people hang everything on a kid's 40. Those are results from ONE camp. Now he's labeled slow? Watch his film. He doesn't play like a 5.04 guy.

By the way, Luke McCaffrey "only" ran a 4.64 at a camp last year. Yet he's been called one of the fastest players on the team and certainly plays more like a kid who runs .3 faster.
Just a reference point, if he had a better one I'm sure it would be out there. The comparison for Harsh wasnt really Groce, but lower 3 star guys that might not have as much upside potentially as Harsh. Plus he has nice size already.

Ethan Piper played C2 football and was offered by SDSU and Ohio as a DT. He gets a Husker Scholarship. Garret Nelson plays LB at class B Scottsbluff and is offered by ??? . He gets a Husker Scholarship. Harsh plays virtually every position on the field for Scottsbluff and he gets "where do you play him" and "he doesn't have any FBS offers". What am I missing here. I have heard about Piper dunking a basketball and Nelson wrestling. Where is Harsh lacking?

Ethan Piper played C2 football and was offered by SDSU and Ohio as a DT. He gets a Husker Scholarship. Garret Nelson plays LB at class B Scottsbluff and is offered by ??? . He gets a Husker Scholarship. Harsh plays virtually every position on the field for Scottsbluff and he gets "where do you play him" and "he doesn't have any FBS offers". What am I missing here. I have heard about Piper dunking a basketball and Nelson wrestling. Where is Harsh lacking?
He doesn't pop out when you watch him imo. Seen him live and on tape, he's one of those that looks good for his level but just doesn't seem to have "it" that Nelson motored through with. Piper got raves because his frame and athleticism so there was potential there. A lot of talk that harsh has close to maxed what his frame can hold. If that's true, that's where the "where do you play him starts. Just my 2 cents.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back