• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sebastian Harsh——-Scottsbluff, Ne sr. 6 foot 3 inches, 220 lbs

Now I will say, you can coach technique, and if he has the raw talent and strength it might be fun to try. Just ask Sam Koch if he could go back and do things differently would he want to be a linebacker or a punter? I would say he might just be content with his decisions.
For sure you can teach it. I was just going from the comment that one kick does not make one a great kicker.

I would think a preferred walk on is deserved. Also we need 13 more scholarship guys. If we are five or more short after early signing day, then who knows how we fill the class.

Dude is a warrior. Hard to evaluate him though. Can he come on campus and workout for the coaches? I.e, time him in the 40, shuttle run etc. He fits the culture of what these coaches want but not sure if he has the athleticism for P5.

What position would you offer him at?
Depending on his 40 time being better than 5.04 (Groces time), LB. Probably a lot rawer than many low 3 star kids from the south. Somewhat of a project, but might have a high upside. Sooner take a chance with him and that good size than a low 3 star from out of state.

If Harsh gets offers from Alabama, Auburn, and Oklahoma we can compare the two.
Groce is from that area and goes to camps etc, and Harsh plays in a lower class in NE. Wasnt make a direct comparison to Groce, just mentioning Groces speed as a reference point. Do you thi k he cant measure up to a low 3 star from the south that has played Football year round for his entire life, especially one that would need two years of S&C to get to B1G size? Just saying that this year, when recruiting is tough, especially at LB, might want to take a shot at an in state project with that size vs. a out of state kid project.

Last edited:

Groce is from that area and goes to camps etc, and Harsh plays in a lower class in NE. Wasnt make a direct comparison to Groce, just mentioning Groces speed as a reference point. Do you thi k he cant measure up to a low 3 star from the south that has played Football year round for his entire life, especially one that would need two years of S&C to get to B1G size? Just saying that this year, when recruiting is tough, especially at LB, might want to take a shot at an in state project with that size vs. a out of state kid project.
I think if he was anywhere close to the football player that Groce is, he would have at least one FBS offer. Let's not act like Groce has offers from Auburn, Alabama, and Oklahoma just because he lives by them.

I guess for me, just because recruiting isn't going well it doesn't mean you offer a guy like Harsh. If we offer him, we are in serious trouble. Those are the guys you get to walk-on (which we have offered to do) and go from there.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back