• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sebastian Harsh——-Scottsbluff, Ne sr. 6 foot 3 inches, 220 lbs

Ok, hear me out on this one. Not saying that a QB with similar skill sets to Sabastion isn't a real good QB prospect but in today's world, with the transfer Portal, would it make sense to take a "high 2*, low/mid 3*" QB and know he has a more likely chance to stick around the entire 4-5 years and provide great depth and maybe even be a good starter down the road? Or do we go after more 4* QB's and accept that it is more than likely that we lose a QB (or 2) to the transfer portal since there would be a logjam of talent at the QB position? Cause right now, our QB room is stacked like it hasn't been in YEARS with great talent.

EDIT: I edited this post after realizing I seemed to be talking specifically talking about Sabastion and actually meant any QB with similar skills/ranking.

Last edited:
Ok, hear me out on this one. Not saying that a QB with similar skill sets to Sabastion isn't a real good QB prospect but in today's world, with the transfer Portal, would it make sense to take a "high 2*, low/mid 3*" QB and know he has a more likely chance to stick around the entire 4-5 years and provide great depth and maybe even be a good starter down the road? Or do we go after more 4* QB's and accept that it is more than likely that we lose a QB (or 2) to the transfer portal since there would be a logjam of talent at the QB position? Cause right now, our QB room is stacked like it hasn't been in YEARS with great talent.

EDIT: I edited this post after realizing I seemed to be talking specifically talking about Sabastion and actually meant any QB with similar skills/ranking.
I think they are going to continue to offer others, but sounds like Haarberg is a good QB *and* another Nebraskan in the room that wants to play for Nebraska (like Vedral). That's probably the guy that matches what you are saying better. Gdowski anyone?

Last edited:

I think they are going to continue to offer others, but sounds like Haarberg is a good QB *and* another Nebraskan in the room that wants to play for Nebraska (like Vedral). That's probably the guy that matches what you are saying better. Gdowski anyone?
Good post. I agree, a Nebraska born and raised QB would, IMO, seem more likely to stick around for the entirety. I remember Gdowski. He had a very special year.

We need to be a little careful with that strategy. That's how you end up with guys like Fife and RK3 starting games after 1 QB injury. Granted they were walkons, but roughly the equivalent of a high 2*.

I'm not trying to rip on either one of those guys. Both played because they were the best available option at the time. And most of us will never forget RK3's Hail Mary. The point is just that you ideally don't have QBs of that caliber playing a lot of key snaps.

We need to be a little careful with that strategy. That's how you end up with guys like Fife and RK3 starting games after 1 QB injury. Granted they were walkons, but roughly the equivalent of a high 2*.

I'm not trying to rip on either one of those guys. Both played because they were the best available option at the time. And most of us will never forget RK3's Hail Mary. The point is just that you ideally don't have QBs of that caliber playing a lot of key snaps.
Good points. But we sort of got to the same situation with Gebbia and O’Brien leaving, though I realize Patrick left mostly due to offensive scheme. No matter what, we will, like most teams, lose QB(s) to the Transfer Portal every now and again, IMO.

If anything I think Masker is the roster equivalent of those 2 and we have Brayden Miller as well as walk-on QB's on the roster. And then we have the regular depth chart of AM, LM, LV, and now Smothers -- that's a long list of quality QB's

With Harsh, I don't think he's a QB on the next level. I think even at Wyoming he's moving positions, JMO

Haarberg, who's been mentioned has physical skills that match with about anyone. It's up to Frost/Verduzco as to whether or not we offer, but it won't be because he lacks physical skills - he's a great athlete with prototypical size and a strong arm. I don't know that we can think of him as a backup plan at all as I think he'll blow up this summer by going to camps and having more teams see him.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back