• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost wants to get back into coaching

I think Frost probably limited his options to head coaching jobs (like the Arizona position, or UAB where he was linked) initially, but that at this point he needs to take even an unpaid analyst position somewhere to get back into the networking and staying relevant.

He needs a head coach that will hold him accountable, but if he can get a role with play along, he can build a good running game and put together an effective offense. I think he’s probably being too optimistic to think he’ll get a head coaching job presently.

I would like to see him back in the game, and I’d give him a cheer if he appeared back in Memorial Stadium.

I believe his wife never moved to Lincoln, she didn't want to live up north. If your wife isn't behind you 100% you will have a tough time at anything.
That is not accurate at all. He lived in a super nice neighborhood that a couple of my friends live in. They spent millions on having their house renovated. Scott and his wife were seen in the neighborhood quite often.

No need t
And if he had said a word about Nebraska, you would have parsed over every single word he said. It's best for all involved to just not comment on it.
No need to parse his words. His actions have spoken for him

I’ve never known a good leader or person who couldn’t acknowledge failures. It’s part of learning and building confidence in your team

Would challenge anyone to find any quotes from SF taking responsibility for failures aside for a play call under his watch during or after his time at Nebraska.

No need t

No need to parse his words. His actions have spoken for him

I’ve never known a good leader or person who couldn’t acknowledge failures. It’s part of learning and building confidence in your team

Would challenge anyone to find any quotes from SF taking responsibility for failures aside for a play call under his watch during or after his time at Nebraska.

Like I said, no matter what he says, nothing will change your mind. Which is why it's best for him to not comment about NU at all.

I think Frost probably limited his options to head coaching jobs (like the Arizona position, or UAB where he was linked) initially, but that at this point he needs to take even an unpaid analyst position somewhere to get back into the networking and staying relevant.

He needs a head coach that will hold him accountable, but if he can get a role with play along, he can build a good running game and put together an effective offense. I think he’s probably being too optimistic to think he’ll get a head coaching job presently.

I would like to see him back in the game, and I’d give him a cheer if he appeared back in Memorial Stadium.
It's possible some small G5 team would take the risk.
As for me, I fully agree, get back in good standing, then make plans. He's already tumbled over his skis once

I see that FHC Scott Frost is "dying" to get back into coaching even if he has to climb the ladder again. Would there be anyone that would give him a shot with all the personal baggage he accumulated here?
Scott Frost was the worst coach in modern Nebraska history, and I am glad he is gone. If he does get another head coaching gig it almost certainly won't be in the B1G. His teams weren't tough enough or disciplined enough to play in the B1G.

Scott Frost was the worst coach in modern Nebraska history, and I am glad he is gone. If he does get another head coaching gig it almost certainly won't be in the B1G. His teams weren't tough enough or disciplined enough to play in the B1G.
Many on here were negative on the SnC and the way they practiced.
Hard to expect different on saturdays

I would take a hard pass on Scott Frost.
His lack of attention to his players at Nebraska was a disservice to them as student athletes. These athletes had one chance at Nebraska and evidence suggests he didn't take their opportunity seriously.
I'm all for second chances but find his credibility altered beyond repair.
I'm not hurt personally by his actions but I do have issues with his character.

All the close games that they lost while Frost was coach, maybe another place would think with some better guidance this guy could win big? The fact that he is finally doing interviews might be because there is no job interest coming his way at all.

That didn't help, but it was not his main problem.
It was. If he had top notch assistants, it would have covered up some of his shenanigans. He had a bunch of inexperienced assistants, and when they got here, they were out of their wheelhouse, overmatched. It matters.

Anybody ever realize that Frost NEVER spoke about his wife or family in public? I realize some people are more private, but compare that to Rhule, Riley, or Pelini. I can vividly recall each of them talking about their families and how they were looking forward to settling in Lincoln, etc.

Not that we need a whole tabloid section on their personal lives, but I know that one of the ONLY reasons I've had any success in life is because I have the support of my wife, my family, and my close friends. I speak gladly about them and how I have their support. I hear the same think from Rhule all the time. To me, it just comes across as Frost being immature.
Kudos brotha. Takes a man to say as much about his success, that it is directly correlated with his support (wife, family, friends). Many, never give credit for whatever breaks have come their way, to anyone. Love hearing that.

I believe his wife never moved to Lincoln, she didn't want to live up north. If your wife isn't behind you 100% you will have a tough time at anything.
If true, what a horrible wife. I mean, I bet she was spending that money, but won’t follow her husband providing it? She knew he was a football coach before saying, I do. She knew it was likely he could go almost anywhere at some point. Definitely had a part in that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back