• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scott Frost wants to get back into coaching

Yeah, that's been a curiosity. When he was first hired here, he issued a strong warning to the press to leave his family out of it. IIRC, he did talk briefly about when his first child was born but that's it.
Couldl be his wife simply wants to remain out of the limelight, which is completely understandable.

I don't know the 'why's' either, but it could be exactly what you're saying.

Once they're brought into the conversation, they're part of the conversation and not easily removed. I don't think Nebraska's media would have done anything untoward regarding his wife, but setting the rules up that way does change things.

Yep.

Pederson. Callahan. Perlman. Eichorst. Riley. Frost.

They all contributed to Nebraska football's continued irrelevancy. It makes me sad because Pelini was a nice link to the past since he had previously served as Frank's defensive coordinator.

I realize that his scheme had been figured out by Big Ten offenses, but I truly believe that if he had been working under Trev Alberts or Bill Moos that Pelini might have been able to turn the corner.
Don’t forget the role that fans and boosters played in starting the ball rolling on the road to destruction. There is plenty of “credit” to go around.

As far as B1G offenses figuring out Pelini’s defense, it was really just a couple teams.

I don't know the 'why's' either, but it could be exactly what you're saying.

Once they're brought into the conversation, they're part of the conversation and not easily removed. I don't think Nebraska's media would have done anything untoward regarding his wife, but setting the rules up that way does change things.
I'm not sure how you go about things without acknowledgement of some kind. The hours coaches eat up every day you have to be extremely thankful.

I'm not sure how you go about things without acknowledgement of some kind. The hours coaches eat up every day you have to be extremely thankful.

100%

Even in my business, when there was an opportunity to recognize the sacrifices my wife and family made, I took it. Different world, but I'd not have been as successful as I was without her support and the support and understanding of my kids.

What I wonder is if Frost's first hand knowledge of the fish bowl that is Nebraska football played a role in him wanting to keep her out of the conversation?

100%

Even in my business, when there was an opportunity to recognize the sacrifices my wife and family made, I took it. Different world, but I'd not have been as successful as I was without her support and the support and understanding of my kids.

What I wonder is if Frost's first hand knowledge of the fish bowl that is Nebraska football played a role in him wanting to keep her out of the conversation?
When MR went on about breast cancer, now there's just but one way of introducing thanks while reminding everyone what the women in our lives brings us. There are many more.
I understand somewhat the focus element and keeping it off of her and kids, but thankfulness just has to be given if its part of you, its a very natural thing to do.

100%

Yep. Before I took my career path, I made sure the wife was on board.

I think Frost may have said exactly as you mentioned, and she may have been spooked? That said, the extracurricular activities that we have heard about didn't help anyone in this.

100%

I believe his wife never moved to Lincoln, she didn't want to live up north. If your wife isn't behind you 100% you will have a tough time at anything.

Anybody ever realize that Frost NEVER spoke about his wife or family in public? I realize some people are more private, but compare that to Rhule, Riley, or Pelini. I can vividly recall each of them talking about their families and how they were looking forward to settling in Lincoln, etc.

Not that we need a whole tabloid section on their personal lives, but I know that one of the ONLY reasons I've had any success in life is because I have the support of my wife, my family, and my close friends. I speak gladly about them and how I have their support. I hear the same think from Rhule all the time. To me, it just comes across as Frost being immature.
I was surprised reading in the article that he has three kids now. I remember he had the first around the time he took the NU job. He didn't even want to talk about the baby's name to the media. He seemed pretty adamant about trying to keep his personal and professional life separate. That is hard to do when you have a job that requires as much out of you as a college coach does.

I'm not going to speculate on his family life, but being married to a coach (even at the high school level) can be difficult. In college, I can only imagine the toll it would take, especially given how the landscape of college football has changed. It isn't meant for everyone. I know a lot of coaches who have spouses that aren't sports people and don't understand it. It causes a lot of friction. I'm not saying that is what happened with Frost, but it is something that happens.

The fact that they are happy in Scottsdale and don't want to leave, might be a sign that he is better off coaching something more local or just being an advisor somewhere. There is nothing wrong with doing that.

I see that FHC Scott Frost is "dying" to get back into coaching even if he has to climb the ladder again. Would there be anyone that would give him a shot with all the personal baggage he accumulated here?
The personal baggage, depending on how much of what is rumored was true, won't keep him from coaching again. I'm going to say he could have gotten back into coaching by now, if he was "dying to". Places would be crazy to not give him a shot at being a coordinator or assistant coach of some sort. While he did have some questionable play calling from time to time, he definitely was a strong mind offensively.

My guess is that he is wanting a head coaching job, which is why he has held out. In his defense, he doesn't have to coach anywhere, given he is still getting paid by us. He's making plenty of money sitting at home being a dad and husband. He doesn't have to jump into anything.

The personal baggage, depending on how much of what is rumored was true, won't keep him from coaching again. I'm going to say he could have gotten back into coaching by now, if he was "dying to". Places would be crazy to not give him a shot at being a coordinator or assistant coach of some sort. While he did have some questionable play calling from time to time, he definitely was a strong mind offensively.

My guess is that he is wanting a head coaching job, which is why he has held out. In his defense, he doesn't have to coach anywhere, given he is still getting paid by us. He's making plenty of money sitting at home being a dad and husband. He doesn't have to jump into anything.
My guess is his scope is narrowed to non or rarely freeze areas.

SF vow of silence has ended after 18 months

In Dodd’s puff piece three things stood out
1. SF did not even acknowledge his time at Nebraska so for all the SF lovers he thinks you are irrelevant. SF only loves himself and couldn’t care less about husker football

2. He says he loves seeing young men grow from 18 to 22. Hum! 50% of SF’s top recruits from his first theee classes left within 2 years. He cared so much that he employed bad high school level coaches that did not develop players and he totally succeeded in delivering the fewest draft picks in 50 years

3. SF is dying to coach again. Really. His actions indicate otherwise. He had a top 20 job and didn’t work at it Since he’was fired Was he building his craft by pursuing an analyst role where he could observe, reflect and energize for that next step? Not so far and I bet he’s not willing to make that commitment

Will someone hire SF? You bet there are foolish AD’s all over the place as we have had our share of them

Last edited:

There are a lot of places to coach that meet that criteria. That scope narrows significantly if you have your heart set on FBS or P4 schools. Narrows even further if you want to be a head coach.
I think he may have to not do that, possibly cold climate, serving his penance so to speak to resuscitate his career, be it only temporary.

Last edited:
Good luck, Scotty, to you and to your family. You're always a Husker.

SF vow of silence has ended after 18 months

In Dodd’s puff piece three things stood out
1. SF did not even acknowledge his time at Nebraska so for all the SF lovers he thinks you are irrelevant. SF only loves himself and couldn’t care less about husker football

2. He says he loves seeing young men grow from 18 to 22. Hum! 50% of SF’s top recruits from his first theee classes left within 2 years. He cared so much that he employed bad high level coaches that did not develop players and he totally succeeded in delivering the fewest draft picks in 50 years

3. SF is dying to coach again. Really. His actions indicate otherwise. He had a top 20 job and didn’t work at it Since he’was fired Was he building his craft by pursuing an analyst role where he could observe, reflect and energize for that next step? Not so far and I bet he’s not willing to make that commitment

Will someone hire SF? You bet there are foolish AD’s all over the place as we have had our share of them

And if he had said a word about Nebraska, you would have parsed over every single word he said. It's best for all involved to just not comment on it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back