• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scathing Article On Basketball Consultant and Bill Moos

If he gets Hoiberg or someone similar with proven results I will say ‘well done’. If it’s another mid-major up and comer? MEH. If he hires Lue by some odd chance then Moos should depart immediately and go back to ranching.

I hate to break it to you, but most of the guys with proven results that aren't coming from a mid-major most likely aren't interested in the NU job unless they have ties. And that includes Hoiberg. It's the type of delusional thinking that NC State fans had a few years back when they assumed their list was Rick Barnes, John Calipari, and Jay Wright.

I hate to break it to you, but most of the guys with proven results that aren't coming from a mid-major most likely aren't interested in the NU job unless they have ties. And that includes Hoiberg. It's the type of delusional thinking that NC State fans had a few years back when they assumed their list was Rick Barnes, John Calipari, and Jay Wright.
But NU has Moos! Everyone keeps telling me how good he is. Why set the expectations so low? Hoiberg and Altman have Nebraska connections. NU has B1G dollars. They paid Frost 5 million per. Step up for MBB.

Last edited:
I think he is smoking marijuana.

Another one of those situations where being face to face is better than the stupid internet. I spent four years in the Marine Corps all of which I spent making fun of the other branches. Just like I endured every stupid joke about the Marine Corps from the other branches. Kind of like your kid brother that you tease mercilessly but if someone else does you kick their butt. Make sense?
Totally. My dad was a WWII Marine, godfather/next door neighbor was a WWII paratrooper. My godfather ribbed my dad mercilessly when I went the LRSU/Paratrooper route.

This. Have a text group of about 17 buddies. Last night we were debating who we should go after. I proposed Pitino, another buddy suggested Altman. A third called Altman an uninspired choice. Are you kidding me? Uninspired? He’s been to more NCAA tournies than all Nebraska coaches combined. We’d be damn lucky to get him and the only thing which would lead a coach his level to come here is the pull home.

This. Have a text group of about 17 buddies. Last night we were debating who we should go after. I proposed Pitino, another buddy suggested Altman. A third called Altman an uninspired choice. Are you kidding me? Uninspired? He’s been to more NCAA tournies than all Nebraska coaches combined. We’d be damn lucky to get him and the only thing which would lead a coach his level to come here is the pull home.

For the record, I'm not saying you don't aim really high. You call every top coach that you think might possibly interested. I'm just realistic enough to think that most, if not all, highly successful coaches are not going to come to Lincoln for basketball.

But NU has Moos! Everyone keeps telling me how good he is. Why set the expectations so low? Hoiberg and Altman have Nebraska connections. NU has B1G dollars. They paid Frost 5 million per. Step up for MBB.
So to summarize, Bill Moos isn’t qualified to get any good coaches here unless he has the help of Matt Davison but he got frost here because he paid him the money, but only because Davison helped, but if he just pays the money he’ll get a good coach here which he isn’t qualified to get here in the first place?

Sidenote: I’m intrigued by the dichotomy of your love fest for Davison and your distain for members of the athletic department being visibly Inebriated in public, neither of which I have a problem with btw.

Excuse making already? You need to see @Jack Riggins

I'm not making any excuses at all. I'm being realistic and not holding a petty grudge because I'm an entitled ass who feels he's owed a Nebraska home game, weather be damned. Somehow, Jamar Johnson only shooting 30% against Penn 25 years ago in the NCAA tournament is Bill Moos' fault.

I'm not making any excuses at all. I'm being realistic and not holding a petty grudge because I'm an entitled ass who feels he's owed a Nebraska home game, weather be damned. Somehow, Jamar Johnson only shooting 30% against Penn 25 years ago in the NCAA tournament is Bill Moos' fault.
Now you are babbling again. There isnt an issued mandate that NU must be mediocre in BB. It’s the AD’s job to seek improvement. Step out of the gloom.

Now you are babbling again. There isnt an issued mandate that NU must be mediocre in BB. It’s the AD’s job to seek improvement. Step out of the gloom.

I know that, Eddie. However, it has been mediocre for a really long time. And that is the perception of NU basketball until they start winning. And that makes it harder to hire a big name coach. These are not excuses, they are facts. So remember that when the next coach is hired, and he's not a big name, and you have your "Moos sucks" posts all typed up and ready to go. There are tons of dynamic coaches and assistants out there that can do a fantastic job in Lincoln. Hire the right fit and they could do well here.

If he gets Hoiberg or someone similar with proven results I will say ‘well done’. If it’s another mid-major up and comer? MEH. If he hires Lue by some odd chance then Moos should depart immediately and go back to ranching.

I’d love to see a proven winner in Lincoln, but don’t see it happening regardless of who’s the AD. I think we’re in for a mid major up and comer. I think the table is set for success with the B1G money, newer facilities and a fan base that has shown it will support, but it will still take more heavy lifting from an incoming coach than many are willing to attempt. On Lue, I’m not interested either. If he coaches at the college level and proves he can recruit and win, bring him home. Same stance I took with Frost.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back