• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scathing Article On Basketball Consultant and Bill Moos

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
Wow.

Online article from the OWH on Miles use of a former Navy SEAL, and how Moos had him removed mid-season.

Not a good look for Moos, Boehm, or the NU athletic department.

Wish I could post the link, but its a premium article. Will be in print on Sunday, but DEFINITELY worth the money to pay online.

Sidenote: How does Marc Boehm still have a job???

heres the intro to a lengthy article, hopefully this is a lead in and not copyright infringement. Mods, if you feel it is infringement, feel free to remove
1.png
2.png
3.png

Wow, thanks for the heads up. For me, and I'm no Miles fan, this is a bunch of B.S. Not a good look for Moos at all....

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/...cle_c3265348-df70-5c84-96a6-2327ad36467b.html

I can't read the article because the OWH is chincy. But with all due respect to Jack Riggins the idea that Miles failed because he didn't have his consultant is a complete load of ---t. Miles has been a disaster since the day he stepped on campus...for the MOST part. Yeah, he had a couple players get stupid hot for a month in year 2 and made the dance. Did he capitalize on that success and the shiny new arena? No. He followed that up with Big 10 records of 5-13, 6-12, 6-12, 13-5 and currently sits in 13th place with a very real possibility of going 5-15. Which one of those records is the aberration?

SORRY. You could bring in Seal Team 6 and they couldn't make Tim Miles successful at Nebraska. He's, simply put, not good enough.

Marc Boehm is a glorified travel agent. NU sucking at basketball has little to do with someone like Boehm. NU needs to get a guy in there who can COACH and RECRUIT. Period. Tim Miles is nowhere near good enough at either of those things to have justified 7 years much less ANY whining whatsoever that he was given the short end of the stick. The man has absolutely zero clue about how to run an effective offense. He lets guys like Pettaway and Palmer just free-lance. This is not a new conversation. NU's mind boggling ineptitude on offense has been the one constant (other than losing at a rather impressive pace in conference) of the Miles era. It's a running joke.

A 5-6 win (maybe 7 with the new 20 game slate) Big 10 basketball coach is EXACTLY who Tim Miles is. Screwed? Pfft. Dude was lucky to make it past his 5th year....that was an absolute GIFT.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/...cle_c3265348-df70-5c84-96a6-2327ad36467b.html

I can't read the article because the OWH is chincy. But with all due respect to Jack Riggins the idea that Miles failed because he didn't have his consultant is a complete load of ---t. Miles has been a disaster since the day he stepped on campus...for the MOST part. Yeah, he had a couple players get stupid hot for a month in year 2 and made the dance. Did he capitalize on that success and the shiny new arena? No. He followed that up with Big 10 records of 5-13, 6-12, 6-12, 13-5 and currently sits in 13th place with a very real possibility of going 5-15. Which one of those records is the aberration?

SORRY. You could bring in Seal Team 6 and they couldn't make Tim Miles successful at Nebraska. He's, simply put, not good enough.

Marc Boehm is a glorified travel agent. NU sucking at basketball has little to do with someone like Boehm. NU needs to get a guy in there who can COACH and RECRUIT. Period. Tim Miles is nowhere near good enough at either of those things to have justified 7 years much less ANY whining whatsoever that he was given the short end of the stick. The man has absolutely zero clue about how to run an effective offense. He lets guys like Pettaway and Palmer just free-lance. This is not a new conversation. NU's mind boggling ineptitude on offense has been the one constant (other than losing at a rather impressive pace in conference) of the Miles era. It's a running joke.

A 5-6 win (maybe 7 with the new 20 game slate) Big 10 basketball coach is EXACTLY who Tim Miles is. Screwed? Pfft. Dude was lucky to make it past his 5th year....that was an absolute GIFT.

Well, hard to argue with this... Still not a good look for Moos

I just hope Moos doesn't get too excited and hire the new coach before he shows Timmy the door.

BM has done what he was hired to do... wouldn't matter to me if he moooves along.

DONU's Gotta get this next BB HC hire right
:Sign2cents:

Whether this caused the train to come off the tracks is very hard to say but the point would be why would you pull the plug on anything with these circumstances. This was obviously our best chance to win in the near future and when they made the decision to pull the plug many people thought this would be the first Nebraska team to win a tournament game. Why wouldnt you throw every ounce of effort you have as an administration to make this the year it happens.

Chris Heady said in a tweet that he had been working on this article for months, so I don't think Mr. Riggins went from HMax to the OWH. I haven't read the article yet, but did follow the threads here very closely. It's not a good look. I don't think that the previous six years' results are invalidated by this article, and I don't think the results this year are either. I think that outside consultants could help a lot when coaches don't know what to do - however, if you don't know what to do and you are the head coach, there may be other problems.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back