• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Scathing Article On Basketball Consultant and Bill Moos

The red flags on Moos are a flying.

What red flags? Are you talking about the Jack Riggins article? I see no red flags there, just Moos doing his job the way he sees fit. If some don't like it, that's their problem.

If anything else is happening in the AD, I'd like to read what "you" kNow.

Even Eichorst didn’t need a public fawning from Hank and Ronnie in his 2nd year.

They gave him his chance. He failed...before and after Bounds & Green were hired.

Miles might have a comment or two on his way out the door.

Is he gonna pull a Pelini? If he does, then good riddance.

Last edited:
Explain to me what Moos has done in 16 months (not less than a year) besides hiring Frost, who quite obviously came back for Davison over a guy he barely knew. Be factual or you will get called out again. And getting drunk with boosters doesn’t count.

So right out of the gate you're discounting that Moos had anything to do with the Frost hiring. That's BS. Davidson made the introductions, but if you think Frost is coming back to Lincoln because his buddy is the Associate AD, you're way off the mark. Like it or not, the Frost hiring counts in the win column for Moos. You think Frost is coming to Lincoln with Eichorst in that seat? Think again.

What else has he done? He's put an approachable face back out in front of Nebraska athletics that has been gone since Osborne stepped aside. He's hired new golf and tennis coaches, he's arranged the return of the Black Friday game, the importance of which was stupidly ignored by Eichorst. He's completely revamped the Athletic Department's senior leadership and by only extending Miles one year last year he's paved the way to change the direction of Nebraska basketball. You've got a hard on for him because he didn't pull a rabbit out of his backside with the Akron game and that's fine. I don't agree with you constantly whining about him because of it, but whatever. It's how your wired.

It's been 16 months. What exactly are you looking for? What, aside from making sure the Akron game went off, hasn't he done that he should have done in that 16 months? Time for your list.

So you are saying SFOD-D guys aren’t absolutely exceptional?

Another one of those situations where being face to face is better than the stupid internet. I spent four years in the Marine Corps all of which I spent making fun of the other branches. Just like I endured every stupid joke about the Marine Corps from the other branches. Kind of like your kid brother that you tease mercilessly but if someone else does you kick their butt. Make sense?

Explain to me what Moos has done in 16 months (not less than a year) besides hiring Frost, who quite obviously came back for Davison over a guy he barely knew. Be factual or you will get called out again. And getting drunk with boosters doesn’t count.
Hold on. A couple pages back you were griping that Moosehead let this place turn into a volleyball and rifle school or some such nonsense. Now you’re asking what he’s done positive and we don’t get account hiring a football coach at Nebraska? That’s some BS right there.

So right out of the gate you're discounting that Moos had anything to do with the Frost hiring. That's BS. Davidson made the introductions, but if you think Frost is coming back to Lincoln because his buddy is the Associate AD, you're way off the mark. Like it or not, the Frost hiring counts in the win column for Moos. You think Frost is coming to Lincoln with Eichorst in that seat? Think again.

What else has he done? He's put an approachable face back out in front of Nebraska athletics that has been gone since Osborne stepped aside. He's hired new golf and tennis coaches, he's arranged the return of the Black Friday game, the importance of which was stupidly ignored by Eichorst. He's completely revamped the Athletic Department's senior leadership and by only extending Miles one year last year he's paved the way to change the direction of Nebraska basketball. You've got a hard on for him because he didn't pull a rabbit out of his backside with the Akron game and that's fine. I don't agree with you constantly whining about him because of it, but whatever. It's how your wired.

It's been 16 months. What exactly are you looking for? What, aside from making sure the Akron game went off, hasn't he done that he should have d one in that 16 months? Time for your list.
Moos told us that Michigan and Ohio State are 'running a little bit scared'. But, in reality Football tanked, Basketball tanked and Baseball really tanked in his first year on the job.

So, you tell me what he's done so far.

Firing the golf and tennis coaches? LMAO.

Let's be honest, Moos didn't have the strongest resume coming to town. Left Oregon because he couldn't get along with Phil Knight and would have likely been fired because of it. Once he resigned, Knight donated 100 million to the school.

Ouch.

Left Wazzu because the school President was coming down on him for going deep into debt. According to published reports, he asked for an extension twice and was turned down each time because Wazzu school administration figured he was going to retire.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...moos-leaves-pullman-to-became-ad-at-nebraska/

Truly, he should have gone back to being a cattle rancher.

Fast forward to Nebraska and the fiasco on the home opener. Not to be found during the delay to offer leadership. Mass confusion. National TV reports the game is re-scheduled for the following day? Fans in the stands with lightning strikes blocks away? Just weak, weak leadership.

Sure, I will give you that Moos is the AD that brought in Frost. But, lets be honest that Davison was in Orlando in September 2017 working on Frost. One of the biggest boosters, Dan Whitney, was calling for Frost after the N. Illinois meltdown. Almost a month before Moos even hit town. Let's extend that honesty in that Davison is the Associate AD in charge of football and handles the majority of football's administrative needs. Moos is there for the media days.

Moos completely disenfranchised Miles this year. Call it the Mike Riley treatment. Isn't the AD supposed to do everything in his power to help the program? Isn't that why he's in the position? This thread has exposed the pettiness. The OWH is following the idea that there are other coaches who are unhappy. Maybe Moos can bring in another Ernie Kent, who he hired at OU and WSU. Check out that dude's record. Certainly doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in BB hires.

I could go on all night. Bottom line, Nebraska deserves a more dynamic, progressive, younger AD. Nebraska isn't Pullman, Washington. The B1G prints money and NU can do better.

Last edited:
Explain what he's done that's so awful that you hate the guy. And rescheduling a game cancelled due to weather at the last minute where the opponent wasn't to your liking doesn't count.
Dude, the idea isn't to do something so "awful" that even the most loyal Forum guy can identify.

The idea is to do "something or anything positive" to earn your 1+ million per.

Moos told us that Michigan and Ohio State are 'running a little bit scared'. But, in reality Football tanked, Basketball tanked and Baseball really tanked in his first year on the job.

Let's be honest, Moos didn't have the strongest resume coming to town. Left Oregon because he couldn't get along with Phil Knight and would have likely been fired because of it. Once he resigned, Knight donated 100 million to the school.

Ouch.

Left Wazzu because the school President was coming down on him for going deep into debt. According to published reports, he asked for an extension twice and was turned down each time because Wazzu school administration figured he was going to retire.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...moos-leaves-pullman-to-became-ad-at-nebraska/

Truly, he should have gone back to being a cattle rancher.

Fast forward to Nebraska and the fiasco on the home opener. Not to be found during the delay to offer leadership. Mass confusion. National TV reports the game is re-scheduled for the following day? Fans in the stands with lightning strikes blocks away? Just weak, weak leadership.

Sure, I will give you that Moos is the AD that brought in Frost. But, lets be honest that Davison was in Orlando in September 2017 working on Frost. One of the biggest boosters, Dan Whitney, was calling for Frost after the N. Illinois meltdown. Almost a month before Moos even hit town. Let's extend that honesty in that Davison is the Associate AD in charge of football and handles the majority of football's administrative needs. Moos is there for the media days.

Moos completely disenfranchised Miles this year. Call it the Mike Riley treatment. Isn't the AD supposed to do everything in his power to help the program? Isn't that why he's in the position? This thread has exposed the pettiness. The OWH is following the idea that there are other coaches who are unhappy. Maybe Moos can bring in another Ernie Kent, who he hired at OU and WSU. Check out that dude's record. Certainly doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in BB hires.

I could go on all night. Bottom line, Nebraska deserves a more dynamic, progressive, younger AD. Nebraska isn't Pullman, Washington. The B1G prints money and NU can do better.

I’ve known Phil Knight since 1998. He’s a douche. This entire post is laughable and full of envy.

So Moos is to blame for those three teams tanking in his first year on the job, huh? Ridiculous. There is no way to spin it to make that true. Absolutely no way to spin it...in his first year. :Facepalm:

The football program was a mess that wasn't going to be turned around the first season. Not on Moos.

The baseball team had pitching injuries that didn't help through the season. Not on Moos.

This year's basketball season was a direct product of an offensive system that wasn't working...even my 11 year old son saw that. Not on Moos. And stop right there...this season did not go up in flames because Jack was kicked out of the box. This season is all on Miles and his team.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back