• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Speed...2019--Johnson (N), Nance (N), Anderson; 2020--Maessner Commits to Princeton

Maessner didn't have the day I thought he would at state track over the weekend, failed to break 11 seconds in the 100 meter dash.

Other notable state performances:
Walk on Banderas threw the disc 170 feet, pretty impressive
Omaha North has a freshman throwing the shot 54 feet already, may need to keep an eye on how Tristan Gray develops.
Mapieu not breaking 50 feet in the shot is interesting.
Schlager from McCook seems to be doing ok after his hip injury, breaking 15 seconds in the hurdles. I believe he's heading to Colorado State.
Ethan Piper threw the shot 57-8 as a junior. Impressive.
Dylan Kautz ran 10.70 in the 100m as a junior. He's getting some looks from everyone including us. Is he kenzo cotton or eric crouch?

Maessner didn't have the day I thought he would at state track over the weekend, failed to break 11 seconds in the 100 meter dash.

Other notable state performances:
Walk on Banderas threw the disc 170 feet, pretty impressive
Omaha North has a freshman throwing the shot 54 feet already, may need to keep an eye on how Tristan Gray develops.
Mapieu not breaking 50 feet in the shot is interesting.
Schlager from McCook seems to be doing ok after his hip injury, breaking 15 seconds in the hurdles. I believe he's heading to Colorado State.
Ethan Piper threw the shot 57-8 as a junior. Impressive.
Dylan Kautz ran 10.70 in the 100m as a junior. He's getting some looks from everyone including us. Is he kenzo cotton or eric crouch?

I thought Maessner ran well in the 200, though, which may be his better race. The 100 is probably a disappointment for him, but still pretty good for a sophomore. They smoked that 4 x 1, and walk on Isaiah Stalbird is on that relay team with him.

I thought Maessner ran well in the 200, though, which may be his better race. The 100 is probably a disappointment for him, but still pretty good for a sophomore. They smoked that 4 x 1, and walk on Isaiah Stalbird is on that relay team with him.
He's only a sophomore, true. I just thought he would have a bit better of a showing at state since I saw he was running reported 10.6's. Curious if he was a little injured.

He's only a sophomore, true. I just thought he would have a bit better of a showing at state since I saw he was running reported 10.6's. Curious if he was a little injured.
Sounds like people talking about practice times or splits...I don’t think he broke 10.8, but I’m not positive. I saw that 200 final and he broke 22 there, so I’m guessing just a disappointing 100 for him. I’d be surprised if it happens again.

I realize it’s a relay split, but I’m told by some track people that this is fast.

4 x 100 splits are pretty inaccurate. Forget the running start, but you usually try to have your fastest guy have the baton for 110 meters so he will usually split the worst yet is your fastest guy.

But if you are on a 40.5 relay team you are probably pretty fast.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back