• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Speed...2019--Johnson (N), Nance (N), Anderson; 2020--Maessner Commits to Princeton

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
5 Year Member
Staff bringing some speed to campus for Junior Days...

Nebraska’s new coaching staff wants backs and receivers with sports-car speed. Two prospects making unofficial visits over the next two weekends underline the Huskers’ emphasis.

Both Oradell (N.J.) Bergen Catholic’s Rahmir Johnson and Tulsa (Okla.) Booker T. Washington’s Thomas Grayson are track stars in their respective states. Pit them against each other in a 100-meter race and it might be a photo finish.

Johnson — 5-foot-10, 175 pounds — said he’s run the 100 in as fast as 10.5 seconds, and according to MileSplit, Johnson’s personal record in a meet is 10.75. Johnson runs the 200 in 21.46 seconds.

Grayson — 6-0, 190 — finished second in the 100 at the Oklahoma Class 6A track meet as a freshman, running 10.82 seconds. He said he’s run a 10.74 this season.

Johnson is from the same high school as Javontae Jean-Baptiste.

More at the link above.

Last edited:

I’d really love to see Miko Maessner get an offer. He’s a Husker fan since a kid. I just wonder if he’d be better suited for Offense or Defense (Safety, perhaps?) but he hasn’t played that position. Even on Offense, he could be a Christian McCafferty type guy for us with his speed and versatility.

Miko Maessner looks like he has potential. I hope he's still growing.

I started posting this earlier: Dylan Kautz from Norfolk is small, but he's crazy fast. He has some interest from Iowa and Minnesota, but no offers yet. Are people thinking he's a possible walk-on? From what I have been able to gather, he's likely to have track scholarship offers from Texas Tech and Baylor and some Big 10 schools. I don't know his 40 time, but he's run a non-electronic 10.3 100m, and a 21.4 200m. That's speed to burn as they say (faster than Crouch or Green for example).

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/tra...cle_eacf988d-6aae-5bf1-9f75-2a02a9c9a938.html

Just curious what others think. Thanks!

Last edited:
Miko Maessner looks like he has potential. I hope he's still growing.

I started posting this earlier: Dylan Kautz from Norfolk is small, but he's crazy fast. He has some interest from Iowa and Minnesota, but no offers yet. Are people thinking he's a possible walk-on? From what I have been able to gather, he's likely to have track scholarship offers from Texas Tech and Baylor and some Big 10 schools. I don't know his 40 time, but he's run a non-electronic 10.3 100m, and a 21.4 200m. That's speed to burn as they say (faster than Crouch or Green for example).

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/tra...cle_eacf988d-6aae-5bf1-9f75-2a02a9c9a938.html

Just curious what others think. Thanks!
To compare his handheld times to FAT, .24 should be added to each one making the 10.3 a 10.54 in the 100m and the 21.4 a 21.64 in the 200m.

The staff would probably love to get that kind of speed to walkon. Does Kautz want to be a track only guy in college?

Klutz is another local kid I’d love to see in red. I believe he set a track record at Norfolk high that didn’t count because he was in the 8th grade. Not real big but he sure can burn.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back