• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Speed...2019--Johnson (N), Nance (N), Anderson; 2020--Maessner Commits to Princeton

4 x 100 splits are pretty inaccurate. Forget the running start, but you usually try to have your fastest guy have the baton for 110 meters so he will usually split the worst yet is your fastest guy.

But if you are on a 40.5 relay team you are probably pretty fast.
Also I think you would agree. Track speed is not always equal to football speed. I have seem guys that are blazing fast on the track that appear slow in pads. I have also seen the reverse. To your point in the other thread. On defense speed can equal eye discipline. If a CB is distracted from his responsibility by something happening on the other side of the field, then he will appear slow. Josh Kalu was an example of this. He was pretty fast straight line but often got caught looking the wrong way and had to play catch up.

Also I think you would agree. Track speed is not always equal to football speed. I have seem guys that are blazing fast on the track that appear slow in pads. I have also seen the reverse. To your point in the other thread. On defense speed can equal eye discipline. If a CB is distracted from his responsibility by something happening on the other side of the field, then he will appear slow. Josh Kalu was an example of this. He was pretty fast straight line but often got caught looking the wrong way and had to play catch up.

It's almost as if they are different sports. :Banana::Banana::Banana:

Good for him -- Princeton is a great school. Wonder if he was only going to get a walk-on offer at UNL?

Yeah, I really wanted Miko to get an offer from the Huskers. But I suppose he was only looked at as a preferred walk on for them. He will certainly get a great education at Princeton. I will follow his career there and wish him great success. He seems like a great kid. He "liked" my tweets to him congratulating him.

Yeah, I really wanted Miko to get an offer from the Huskers. But I suppose he was only looked at as a preferred walk on for them. He will certainly get a great education at Princeton. I will follow his career there and wish him great success. He seems like a great kid. He "liked" my tweets to him congratulating him.

Hard to feel bad that he's going to Princeton. I wish we could have fit him in somehow - as a preferred walk on or something, but there he'll get a great education, every opportunity to play, and a lot of flexibility on what position he gets to play also.

If you are choosing between a preferred walk-on or an IVY league education, I think he made the right choice. If my kid ever has a Stanford, Princeton, those type of offers, he’s probably having his dad nudge him that way.
With one thing to think about. Stanford offers Schollies but last I knew most Ivy league schools do not.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back