• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Recruiting Speed...2019--Johnson (N), Nance (N), Anderson; 2020--Maessner Commits to Princeton

Scott Frost’s return has included an emphasis to recruit the best in-state prospects, and not simply via the walk-on program. Nebraska has not been afraid to offer in-state recruits, with five offers out in the 2019 class. The Huskers have only one offer out to a 2020 Nebraska prospect — Bellevue West wide receiver Zavier Betts. That is expected to change, though, opening the door for Maessner and others.

“For sure, that’s the end goal,” Maessner said of potentially earning an offer from Nebraska. “I really feel like that if I work hard enough I can get to that point.”

If an offer does eventually arrive, it will mean “everything” to Maessner.

“That’s every Nebraska boy’s dream, playing for the Huskers,” he said. “If that becomes a reality, that would really be something.”

Held has been known to favor prospects with track experience at running back. That’s another box Maessner checks. He’s run a 10.81-second 100-meter dash and a 21.74-second 200 this spring. Nebraska invited Maessner to the spring game this weekend, but a track meet will keep him from attending.

“I was pretty disappointed about that, that they had to fall on the same day,” he said.

Wouldn't be surprised if he got it at the FNL camp in June.
Makes sense as FNL let's them see him in action against the other recruits who are there. Plus, getting the top in-state guys who bleed Husker red on board earlier makes a whole lot of sense for the way Frost likes to recruit.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back