• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QBs from the Transfer Portal?

We were told by the players themselves (Allen) this is a trap game. If it truly is.... what an indictment on the state of the program.
According to this definition, a trap game is:

A trap game is a game played against an opponent generally deemed to be easy to defeat. As a result a person or team may not prepare as thoroughly as they would for a formidable opponent. Often this attitude and its attendant lack of preparation lead to a loss.

How would this not be a trap game? Understanding we are expected to win, but still need to focus on preparation doesn’t strike me as an indictment of the program, it appears to be the proper attitude.

To me using the term trap game should be used at a higher level. If we were to lose to an Fordham, then I say we had a colossal lapse, not a trap. (Mich. losing to App state) Are we looking ahead to Buffalo with fear?

To me a classical trap is a game you likely should win with full attention. Not a game you should win with your third string. Assuming we were actually somewhat decent, my looking at the schedule would say NW and Purdue could be trap games, with Mich and OSU the following weeks respectively.

I don't think NW and Purdue will be trap games this year either, because right now we are looking like we only have the ability to play spoiler.

If a trap game is Fordham, we have way more issues than looking ahead to Buffalo.

And, if SF had brought him in people would have complained that Scott had put our special season in the hands of someone whose leg was destroyed.
I know fans complain a lot, and we have had reason to lately, but in this case I don't think that's accurate. Milton was a guy who had proven he could run Frost's system, even if his mobility has been reduced a little. Couple that with what we have seen from AM, and most fans would think it was a smart move, IMO.

To me using the term trap game should be used at a higher level. If we were to lose to an Fordham, then I say we had a colossal lapse, not a trap. (Mich. losing to App state) Are we looking ahead to Buffalo with fear?

To me a classical trap is a game you likely should win with full attention. Not a game you should win with your third string. Assuming we were actually somewhat decent, my looking at the schedule would say NW and Purdue could be trap games, with Mich and OSU the following weeks respectively.

I don't think NW and Purdue will be trap games this year either, because right now we are looking like we only have the ability to play spoiler.

If a trap game is Fordham, we have way more issues than looking ahead to Buffalo.
Shoot, Fordham might be a trap game. Lol.

I know fans complain a lot, and we have had reason to lately, but in this case I don't think that's accurate. Milton was a guy who had proven he could run Frost's system, even if his mobility has been reduced a little. Couple that with what we have seen from AM, and most fans would think it was a smart move, IMO.
Can he throw to the left side of the field?

Does anybody have any insight on whether Frost attempted to sign a QB from the transfer portal? I'd feel somewhat better about the complete lack of experience behind Martinez if Frost at least tried to sign a transfer QB and just failed.
We 100% should have been after McKenzie Milton

I think it's coaching now. I think we have the guys, but we certainly are not developing them up to their capabilities at all.
Who are you referring to, Harry Potter?

1630893973155.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back