• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QBs from the Transfer Portal?

I don't get all the negative chatter with Rattler....talented kid who (last year) seemed to have the IT factor. He'd be a hot commodity.

It's ironic that a Husker fan base will give Martinez the benefit of the doubt game after game, year after year, but brush off a kid that was a 5-star recruit, top-rated QB in his class that after his first year playing was being talked about as potentially the top pick in the NFL Draft someday. He's struggling, sure. But he's still far superior to Martinez as a passer. Not even close.

I was going to start a thread on this last night, but I decided to limit my thread creation after that dumpster fire. Do we think that Nebraska goes after Rattler? I was thinking about that all day yesterday. Also, does that put us in hot water with Smothers?

Last edited:

Smothers wasn’t here until 2020. He is technically considered a true freshman as far as the NCAA is concerned. He still has a redshirt year available to him.
That creates an interesting scenario right now, depending on where these guys are at competition wise.

Smothers has played in 4 games, Haarberg none. If Smothers sits and Haarberg is back up the rest of the way out, they could both redshirt this year and both come back next year with 4 years of eligibility.

Go watch QB1 on Netflix and then watch Rattler’s body language after being replaced. Kid doesn’t care about anybody other than himself. I wouldn’t want anything to do with him.
I often wonder how the picture would have looked if there were cameras on Scott when he was benched for Frankie London. I saw Tommie when Brooke was doing his thing and I’m not sure anyone could say he was supportive.

Bring on rattler I want to see Adrian sweat and the two of them get benched and watch how the other reacts when they get benched

I haven't read the whole thread but I assume it has already been pointed out that Joe Burrow was not good enough to come in as a transfer here so I am not sure how anyone else can be.

I have to think about Sam Keller and Tanner Lee! They were expected to come in and set the world on fire and didn't quite live up to expectations.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back