• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

QBs from the Transfer Portal?

What were the options you saw that were better? Keeping in mind the player would have known they were likely behind AM, and have played in a similar system. If they weren’t comfortable with those key components, then they wouldn’t be a step up from a kid who’s been 2 years in the system and familiar with the personnel. If you can point to a guy who met those qualifications, then I’d hope you’d share them.
Milton comes to mind. Also who says he has to sit behind am. With the way am is playing I could see him starting.

If you are close enough friends with Frost to know exactly who he did or didn’t talk to, then why are you even on the board?
So then we shouldn’t even be discussing if he did or didn’t talk to anyone then. Guess you should take your own advice and leave this board.

But if you really want to know when he said he was confident in his qb room that pretty much tells me he didn’t talk to any qbs
No, that doesn’t tell me that. If he said we are actively looking for a QB, and didn’t get one, that would have been a horrible look. Had we found that unicorn, a quality QB who could master the offense, had the skills to contribute if needed, and was willing to come knowing AM was our likely starter, I think the staff would have pulled the trigger.

No, that doesn’t tell me that. If he said we are actively looking for a QB, and didn’t get one, that would have been a horrible look. Had we found that unicorn, a quality QB who could master the offense, had the skills to contribute if needed, and was willing to come knowing AM was our likely starter, I think the staff would have pulled the trigger.
Hey Lars. Would you agree it appears that we are changing the offensive philosophy. Bigger wide outs, Taller pocket passers with some mobility at QB with HH and Torres. I am pretty sure they would have pulled the trigger too, if they saw someone that could help. I think the issue is the recruitment of McCaffery and Smothers at the QB spot. How do they fit what we seem to be switching towards? We seem to be in between philosophies again.

Lmao yet you aren’t in their inner circle so what your stating isn’t any different than me stating he didn’t offer any qb.

Hey Lars. Would you agree it appears that we are changing the offensive philosophy. Bigger wide outs, Taller pocket passers with some mobility at QB with HH and Torres. I am pretty sure they would have pulled the trigger too, if they saw someone that could help. I think the issue is the recruitment of McCaffery and Smothers at the QB spot. How do they fit what we seem to be switching towards? We seem to be in between philosophies again.
I don’t think we are between them, I think Scott is learning what it takes to field a team in the B1G, and adapting to it. I think we kept Smothers because he still has a shot at leading the team going forward. By the end of spring we’ll know if we are going strictly taller passer first/runner second QBs.

What were the options you saw that were better? Keeping in mind the player would have known they were likely behind AM, and have played in a similar system. If they weren’t comfortable with those key components, then they wouldn’t be a step up from a kid who’s been 2 years in the system and familiar with the personnel. If you can point to a guy who met those qualifications, then I’d hope you’d share them.
Beat OU? Better worry about beating Fordham, I don't think anything is a gimme anymore with this outfit.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back