• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked QB recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done responding to him....peace...:)

GFoA... there are over 95,000 high schools in the USA, I would bet that most have football, so missing out on 4 qb's doesn't seem to be as life or death as you make it out to be. Debbie Downer!!!!

GFoA... there are over 95,000 high schools in the USA, I would bet that most have football, so missing out on 4 qb's doesn't seem to be as life or death as you make it out to be. Debbie Downer!!!!

Saying that we are "scrambling" for a QB now that we missed our top targets is making this out as life or death? LOL. Must you guys make any comment that doesn't profusely suck up to Bo and every member of his staff into a doomsday prediction. LOL again.

Last edited:

What does this have to do with Bo?? It doesnt. Only GFOA would make it that way.

What does this have to do with Bo?? It doesnt. Only GFOA would make it that way.

I haven't gone after Bo here at all. I was just agreeing with the article that was posted, that seemed to indicate we were scrambling for this year's QB recruits, because we missed on our targets. RR made a big deal about disagreeing, which is fine and his right. IMO he is wrong here. Moreover, he is wrong even if we do pull a rabbit out of our hat.

Like I said I'm not responding anymore...your not interested in a real debate or conversation.....you never are.....thats your M.O. so be it....

Blessings and Peace....:)

I haven't gone after Bo here at all. I was just agreeing with the article that was posted, that seemed to indicate we were scrambling for this year's QB recruits, because we missed on our targets. RR made a big deal about disagreeing, which is fine and his right. IMO he is wrong here. Moreover, he is wrong even if we do pull a rabbit out of our hat.

I will agree that there is a perception out there in that we are scrambling to find a QB recruit who reciprocates the interest we have in them. Thats OK. Both player and University need to find the right fit. These things take time.

For me, I'm in favor of finding diamonds in the rough or a player who claws his way up to the top of the game. I love the underdog in this sense. Any one of these QB's could be the next Ryan Tannehill (3 star in '09) or Christian Ponder (3 star in '06) and make their way into the pro's. As far as Jennings, Kincade, and Hobbs go, I feel very confident that the staff is apprising three more QB's beyond these guys in the event none of them opt for us. We will find the right fit for our program and continue to develop our guys into being the best they can become. As Bo once said, "We'll hang our own stars on them."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henny_Penny

The story is listed as Aarne-Thompson-Uther type 20C, which includes international examples of folktales that make light of paranoia and mass hysteria.

The moral to be drawn changes, depending on the version. Where there is a 'happy ending', the moral is not to be a 'Chicken' but to have courage. In other versions where the birds are eaten by the fox, the fable is interpreted as a warning not to believe everything you are told.

Wikipedia (er Wiki-Max?) is great. I wonder what version we are talking about here, unfortunately will take 5 years to figure out. Unless of course you already know. Glad we have our share of soothsayers on board to dictate the future to us.

Brion Carnes...he committed wayyyyyy later in the process than we are even close to right now. Was committed elsewhere, and we flipped him. We will be fine...

Brion Carnes...he committed wayyyyyy later in the process than we are even close to right now. Was committed elsewhere, and we flipped him. We will be fine...

Stepped right in and took over didn't he? He's proof of what, exactly? Does his 23 yards of total offense as back-up QB give you comfort?

Last edited:
Stepped right in and took over didn't he? He's proof of what, exactly? Does his 23 yards of total offense as back-up QB give you comfort?

So committing late has a direct correlation to onfield results during a college career. If he commited earlier he would be starting already. Interesting
:sarcasm:

So what would make you say that we did a good recruiting job? He was ranked 7th in the nation at his position...but that was a poor job by our staff to get him? If we get someone 50th in the nation, you will come up with some other reason why our recruiting is bad.

The point of that comment was to say that someone will commit to Nebraska that the national recruiting community have as a better than average D1 quarterback....how many yards they end up with in their seasons here depend on whether they earn the starting job or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back