• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked QB recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Johnson

Recruit
5 Year Member
I have just read an article discussing the subject mentioned above. NU has offered several more QBs in the last few days. Would anyone care to comment on this situation. I am hoping RR or HIO or someone in the know would enlighten us. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

There are threads on the three guys we have offered already on the forum so I am not going to rehash them...:)...actually the last few weeks we offered....

Anthoney Jennings

Deante Kincade

Damion Hobbs

Just as the article indicated, we are scrambling for QB recruits because we've missed our top targets and many of the best QB's are already committed. Hopefully there will still be a talented QB (or 2) available to us, even if not one of our top targets. It is what it is.

Last edited:
We are not scrambling for anything....you keep spouting that line and its incorrect...so no its not what it is....except it meets your anti-Pelini agenda to keep spouting such stuff...

Jennings who we are after frankly is arguably better than any of the recruits we have lost out on.....do your research before you say such things....

There are some very good QBs still left....so lets not paint this as doom and gloom like you have tried to do for the past few weeks....

Anyway Frank asked a specific question to start this thread....and as I pointed out there are several threads on these youngmen....

Just as the article indicated, we are scrambling for QB recruits because we've missed our top targets and many QB's are already committed. Hopefully there will still be a talented QB (or 2) available to us, even if he wasn't one of our top targets. It is what it is.

We are not scrambling for anything....you keep spouting that line and its incorrect...so no its not what it is....except it meets your anti-Pelini agenda to keep spouting such stuff...

Jennings who we are after frankly is arguably better than any of the recruits we have lost out on.....do your research before you say such things....

There are some very good QBs still left....so lets not paint this as doom and gloom like you have tried to do for the past few weeks....

Anyway Frank asked a specific question to start this thread....and as I pointed out there are several threads on these youngmen....

Well, perhaps he should have been recruited before the others, wouldn't that make sense? Facts are, we are scrambling, and that's OK, nothing to be too upset about as long as we don't get shut out.

If we were doing this in Dec/Jan, it would be 'scrambling'. We have been very selective offering QB's thus far. Just means we missed our top few targets...not like we offered 20 and struck out.

Fact is we are not scrambling....with all due respect you have no clue what you are even saying....you'll note no one else agree's with you either in this thread...

Well, perhaps he should have been recruited before the others, wouldn't that make sense? Facts are, we are scrambling, and that's OK, nothing to be too upset about as long as we don't get shut out.

Last edited:

I dont see how we are scrambling at this point and the season hasnt even started. Sheesh!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Greatest Fan of All
Just as the article indicated, we are scrambling for QB recruits because we've missed our top targets and many QB's are already committed. Hopefully there will still be a talented QB (or 2) available to us, even if he wasn't one of our top targets. It is what it is.

hook.jpg

I thank all of you for your responses. Even though I have a very short history of posting, I have long been a viewer of this board and certainly appreciate the sharing of information. With very few exceptions I know all members of this board are very passionate about NU football and all of us want the same thing, the Huskers to be successful. GBR

Fact is we are not scrambling....with all due respect you have no clue what you are even saying....you'll note no one else agree's with you either in this thread...

No, YOUR OPINION is that we are not scrambling...that is NOT a fact, so give it up. In my opinion, we ARE scrambling. We misfired on our 4 top targets, which required us to go after kids we that we deemed less desirable than the original 4 that we did target. Otherwise, why did we decide to go after them first? Use your common sense, it is not brain surgery....take off the blinders. I noticed that again you didn't bother to answer my question when you so boastfully said that one of our newest targets was better than the four we had offered:

"Well, perhaps he should have been recruited before the others, wouldn't that make sense?"

You don't bother to answer that, because you know that I am right. If he was truly better for us than the others we should have been after him earlier, like the other 30 schools chasing him. I'll also bet that Beck and Pelini wish that the 50% of top rated QB's that are already verballed to other teams were still available. If they were, we'd be scrambling to get them as well, and rightfully so. We are scambling because we struck out with all of our main targets and, as a result, we are only now getting in with kids other schools have been courting for months. We have to do this and, hopefully, it will work. It is not too late to get a very talented QB or two, but IMO we ARE scrambling because we targeted kids that we failed to land--our primary targets.

PS--I could care less if anyone on this board agrees with me. I just like to show them what they should be seeing, if they would take off those blinders.

Last edited:

If we were doing this in Dec/Jan, it would be 'scrambling'. We have been very selective offering QB's thus far. Just means we missed our top few targets...not like we offered 20 and struck out.

No, that is called desperation. Scrambling is not a great place to be because you are playing catch up to other teams, but it is done early enough to still have a chance to find someone...although many are no longer available so the pool is smaller.

Last edited:

GFoA... there are over 95,000 high schools in the USA, I would bet that most have football, so missing out on 4 qb's doesn't seem to be as life or death as you make it out to be. Debbie Downer!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back