• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked QB recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, then you just don't understand the meanings of words. Being unhappy with Bo and wanting him replaced is not the same as rooting against him or the team. I have been rooting for this team and it's coaches success for 50 years now and will never stop. But, Bo has not shown mean anything that tells me he is capable of winning NC's here...no matter how hard I root for him. Therefore, the sooner the Pelini era ends and we can move on to someone that has the talents needed to win big here, the better. But, I recognize that this will take several more years of frustration before the dream becomes real...so I've been taking it pretty easy on Bo. I'd been hoping that he'd just move on, but no luck so far.

Oh, that sounds just wonderful. If this will be the case, I think the worst of it won't be not winning NC's for the many years ahead as you foretell. The very worst will be seeing your belly-aching about it daily ad nausea. If you were around during all the TO years, I bet you were a harbinger of positivity--NOT.

Gfoa- I would also be curious to know if you signed the petition to fire Bob Devaney after the '67 and '68 seasons? If I was to bet, I would guess you signed it large enough so the school president at the time could read your name without his glasses.

Gfoa- I would also be curious to know if you signed the petition to fire Bob Devaney after the '67 and '68 seasons? If I was to bet, I would guess you signed it large enough so the school president at the time could read your name without his glasses.

Devaney was my hero and the best college football coach that ever lived. His 2 6-4 teams were very good, better than many of TO's 9-3 teams of later years. He built the program from nothing. All great coaches have the occasional off years where they may lose 3-4 games, perhaps even more. It takes a truly mediocre coach to make that his best year.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
All great coaches have the occasional off years where they may lose 3-4 games, perhaps even more. It takes a truly mediocre coach to make that his best year.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Never miss an opportunity do you?

Wow! Never miss an opportunity do you?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but to be fair, you sort of served it up on a platter to him. ;)

Devaney was my hero and the best college football coach that ever lived. His 2 6-4 teams were very good, better than many of TO's 9-3 teams of later years. He built the program from nothing. All great coaches have the occasional off years where they may lose 3-4 games, perhaps even more. It takes a truly mediocre coach to make that his best year.

Back to back sub .500 seasons and 4th place finishes in conference, losing twice to KU and MU, once to KSU, barely beating Wyoming, Minn, and ISU, 3 losses to unranked teams, averaging less than 20 ppg, shut out 3 times, unranked for the back half of both seasons...in his 5th and 6th year??

The only year Oz finished 4th was '76. He had back to back losses to unranked ISU that year and '77. You can't find another two year stretch in his tenure that compares to 67-68..not even close....particularly in Osborne's "later years", which ended 60-3. Even a 3 loss season in '92 we tied for 1st in the Big 8.

Revisionist history strikes again...

Last edited:

Wow! Never miss an opportunity do you?

Yeah, but to be fair, you sort of served it up on a platter to him. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Not sure what gets into me when I read one of his posts. I know I should just move along but some morbid curiosity for what ridiculous comeback he might make gets the best of me. I know he has a myopic agenda that permeates every post and it's just funny watching it play out. I can't wait to see how he twists the above Devaney history lesson into an anti-Pelini rant.

Yeah, but to be fair, you sort of served it up on a platter to him. ;)

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Not sure what gets into me when I read one of his posts. I know I should just move along but some morbid curiosity for what ridiculous comeback he might make gets the best of me. I know he has a myopic agenda that permeates every post and it's just funny watching it play out. I can't wait to see how he twists the above Devaney history lesson into an anti-Pelini rant.[/QUOTE]

Me too!

Well, then you just don't understand the meanings of words. Being unhappy with Bo and wanting him replaced is not the same as rooting against him or the team. I have been rooting for this team and it's coaches success for 50 years now and will never stop. But, Bo has not shown mean anything that tells me he is capable of winning NC's here...no matter how hard I root for him. Therefore, the sooner the Pelini era ends and we can move on to someone that has the talents needed to win big here, the better. But, I recognize that this will take several more years of frustration before the dream becomes real...so I've been taking it pretty easy on Bo. I'd been hoping that he'd just move on, but no luck so far.

Well, then you just don't understand the meaning of a BBS. Being unhappy with GFOA and wanting him replaced is not the same as rooting against him or this BBS. I have been rooting for this BBS and its success for 10 years now and will never stop. But, GFOA has not shown me anything that tells me he is capable of writing even one post that makes sense...no matter how hard I root for him. Therefore, the sooner the GFOA era ends here and we can move on to a poster who has the talents needed to contribute here, the better. But, I recognize that this will take several more days of frustration before this dream becomes real...so Ive been taking it pretty easy on GFOA. I'd been hoping that he'd just move on, but no luck so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back