• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Poll: The 9-win Season

Frequency of 9-win seasons over the course of HCSF's entire career?

• 100% of the time

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • 95 to 100% of the time

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • 90 to 95% of the time

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • 85 to 90 % of the time

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • 80 to 85 % of the time

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • 75 to 80 % of the time

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • 70 to 75% of the time

• 65 to 70 % of the time

• 60 to 65% of the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • less than 60% of the time

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
:Koolaid2:

HSqZxS6.png
One difference, we'll earn ours...

You have confirmed, even with today's expanded schedules, that winning 9 games per season on a consistent basis (80% of the time) is rare. I understand why folks might prefer to use the 10-win season as a measure of achievement, but consistently winning 9 games in a season is also a good measure because it is still a hard thing to do.
You can win 9 games, finishing is the answer we are looking for and its been a long wait. Pelini won 9 games every year but when the playoffs came he always fell short. Its kind of like baseball players hitting for the cycle.....its an anomaly is all.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but UCF was never really given an opportunity to "earn" theirs.
That horse is dead. As an eligible FBS school, they needed to play a schedule tough enough to get selected by the designated committee to participate in the championship playoffs and win the playoffs...pretty simple process. If UCF wants to win one...I'd suggest a conference change.

You can win 9 games, finishing is the answer we are looking for and its been a long wait. Pelini won 9 games every year but when the playoffs came he always fell short. Its kind of like baseball players hitting for the cycle.....its an anomaly is all.
Yep, 9 games is great, but do it in the postseason. That’s not a shot at just Pelini either. The Ole Miss loss in 2002 should never have happened and Riley’s one winning season ended with us getting worked by Tennessee. I’m not saying win em all, just look competitive. Had the UCF bowl game looked about the same for 3.5 quarters, but Auburn squeaked by with a 3 pt win, I think you’d still call it a good season.

As an eligible FBS school, they needed to play a schedule tough enough to get selected by the designated committee to participate in the championship playoffs and win the playoffs...pretty simple process.
That's my argument for those who claim we didn't belong in the 2001 season playoff game.

And it looks like the majority of fans believe Coach Frost will win 9 or more games 9 out of 10 years. I agree, although I believe he will win 9 or more 10 out of 10 years.

That's my argument for those who claim we didn't belong in the 2001 season playoff game.

And it looks like the majority of fans believe Coach Frost will win 9 or more games 9 out of 10 years. I agree, although I believe he will win 9 or more 10 out of 10 years.
So you’re counting his time with the broncos then? :Stirthepot: Of course I kid.

That horse is dead. As an eligible FBS school, they needed to play a schedule tough enough to get selected by the designated committee to participate in the championship playoffs and win the playoffs...pretty simple process. If UCF wants to win one...I'd suggest a conference change.

The system is rigged against teams like UCF. And it's not like Bama had a murderers row schedule last year either.

As a general rule, I'd say TO had easier schedules in the Big 8 than SF will have in the Big 10. After Oklahoma the drop off in Big 8 competition was normally pretty steep.
I agree with you for the most part however, Colorado had some decent teams back in the 70s.

Yep, 9 games is great, but do it in the postseason. That’s not a shot at just Pelini either. The Ole Miss loss in 2002 should never have happened and Riley’s one winning season ended with us getting worked by Tennessee. I’m not saying win em all, just look competitive. Had the UCF bowl game looked about the same for 3.5 quarters, but Auburn squeaked by with a 3 pt win, I think you’d still call it a good season.
Yes you would because they UCF won the conference playoff. Something we have failed or better yet flailed at for way too long.

GET TICKETS

Back