• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OT Xander Ruggeroli Will OV 8 December

I agree with the smaller #s, cause our limited # of coaches can spend more time with fewer players.
But I also love the walk on program and the competition it brings to our team, and culture.

Maybe they can do some split practices again this spring to increase the # of reps our younger players get. They will need it.
Agree on the importance of the walk-on program. It’s more than just tradition, it’s about developing players and reps = development. I will trust coach Ruhle on his desire for whatever size squad he needs.

Last edited:

The only thing that matters, when we are talking roster management, are scholarship players. No I don’t believe there is a limit for practicing. I believe there is a limit of 104 for fall camp but once school starts it’s unlimited. We had over 140 all this year. (Except during the Callahan years) he liked smaller squads. Not sure he grasped the whole walk on concept.
Agree to disagree. 140 is too many to deal with in practice.

Were there days when there were actually 140 players on the practice field last year? I would find that hard to believe, and suspect that seldom were there more than 120 or so. But I have no real basis for believing that except that I don't believe they have enough coaches to deal with 140 players in a practice.

Not Rhule's style, but I'd process Brock Knutson and Jacob Hood to make room for this guy. Neither of them will ever contribute for Nebraska.
I was thinking BK as well. Haven’t heard much about JH (other than overweight)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back