• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OT Xander Ruggeroli Will OV 8 December

That is a concern. Need to trim the roster immensely. Approximately 30 too high at the moment. But remember, spring ball will lead to attrition too. Not just right now.
Where do you come with that number. At this point in time we only need 14 to make 85. (Not counting the portal guys coming - who that may be). I do agree that even 14 is an immense number tho

Last edited:
Where do you come with that number. At this point in time we only need 14 to make 85. (Not counting the portal guys coming - who that may be). I do agree that even 14 is an immense number tho

I don’t recall exactly what last year’s numbers where but weren‘t we at about this same number? I seam to recall it was in the mid teens. I am sure someone will come along and correct me if I’m wrong.

The portal and still having some with the free covid year makes roster management very challenging. Guess wrong and you could easily have holes or excess. Double edged sword.

Last edited:
I don’t recall exactly what last year’s numbers where but weren‘t we at about this same number? I seam to recall it was in the mid teens. I am sure someone will come along and correct me if I’m wrong.

The portal and still having some with the free covid year makes roster management very challenging. Guess wrong and you could easily have holes or excess. Double edged sword.
I think roster management is going to be super difficult this year. Like I said they are over 15 players leaving this year that we know about. I’ve looked over the roster and it’s hard for me to pick out 13 that need to leave. The most obvious are the juniors that are eligible to leave (Covid guys) but most of those where heavy contributors and you can’t go wrong with another year of development …… no downside to them staying. The rest are reserve players that have not sniffed the field. There’s not many of those.

Last edited:
I think roster management is going to be super difficult this year. Like I said they are over 15 players leaving this year that we know about. I’ve looked over the roster and it’s hard for me to pick out 13 that need to leave. The most obvious are the juniors that are eligible to leave (Covid guys) but most of those where heavy contributors and you can’t go wrong with another year of development …… no downside to them stating. The rest are reserve players have that have not sniffed the field. There’s not many of those.
exodus will happen after spring ball, some likely goto d2

Are you counting walk-ons? I am not talking about scholarship players. I am speaking the roster management that Rhule and Co are dealing with. Especially coming off of year one, when he was hired late in the recruiting cycle. Everything I have been told, there needs to be some trimming. Remember, I believe up to 125 can practice per NCAA rules.

Are you counting walk-ons? I am not talking about scholarship players. I am speaking the roster management that Rhule and Co are dealing with. Especially coming off of year one, when he was hired late in the recruiting cycle. Everything I have been told, there needs to be some trimming. Remember, I believe up to 125 can practice per NCAA rules.
The only thing that matters, when we are talking roster management, are scholarship players. No I don’t believe there is a limit for practicing. I believe there is a limit of 104 for fall camp but once school starts it’s unlimited. We’ve always had over 140 (Except during the Callahan years) as he liked smaller squads. Not sure he grasped the whole walk on concept.

Last edited:

I agree with the smaller #s, cause our limited # of coaches can spend more time with fewer players.
But I also love the walk on program and the competition it brings to our team, and culture.

Maybe they can do some split practices again this spring to increase the # of reps our younger players get. They will need it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back