• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OT. Walter Rouse Is N (Transfer From Stanford) Update: Flips To OU

It concerns me that Rhule appears to still be in defiance of the portal/NIL.. Meanwhile I see Deion picked up a 5* from Florida and is in line to land another 4* transfer from USC. Getting "under the radar" guys and coaching them up can only take you so far.

I’m just glad that the his faith in the Lord helped him get a better NIL package in Norman or whatever he said in his tweet :Salute:
I'm pretty sure the Lord encouraged people to keep their word. This is the society we live in and many people will find this acceptable. I do not. This isn't some pressured high school kid. The team with the most NIL money should not be the winner of this guy's services. If he picked us over iowa because we had more NIL money, then that was wrong as well. Good riddance

Love to be the fly on the wall for that conversation / decision. Sometimes these guys give a detailed reason why they do this - sometimes they don't. 17-18 year olds you expect this from - but this guy is 23 I think - smart guy.... good grades - and yet something doesn't add up?
I love it when someone who just went back on their own word, says "I'm all in like he's some kind of honorable person"> I think he should rephrase it to say: "Because they gave me a lot more NIL money, I'm all in for oklahoma". That's more truthful. This is the kind of person I would never hire.

I am with your thinking on this one. Especially a guy that has possibly 1 year left. He is likely thinking that he is going to get some quick cash and see if he gets drafted for an additional payday.
The fact of the matter is that he agreed to come here under whatever NIL money was available to him. This guy is not honest in his business dealings, pure and simple. It's like when an employee says they are leaving for another job with a competitor for more money and the company offers to match that salary. Why weren't they paying that in the first place. People's word just isn't worth what it used to be and if you are ok with this, then I question where our society is going.

In today's CFB world you're not going to be very successful with that attitude, sadly. You can either learn to accept it and get onboard or you'll get left behind.
The point is he committed to NU, then reneged after oklahoma offered more money. If we have to get players that way, then count me out. He did agree to some kind of NIL deal, it wasn't like he was coming for free. This is not acceptable

I am curious to the actions or statements by MR where he is in defiance of the portal/NIL. I must have missed these as it appears to me that they are trying to get players here from the portal.
They're trying to get some players, yes... but it seems as though he's hesitant to get into bidding wars with other schools. Seems like we make an offer, and if another school makes a counter-offer, he backs off. Not saying I'm right with that assumption, just the feel I'm getting.

Last edited:
Keeping your word and having principles will take you far.

You've gotta remember that these are young men, many from unwealthy backgrounds. Having great integrity and character plays second fiddle in many of these negotiations. We're not in a position right now like the Georgias and Bamas and Ohio States that get elite talent just because of who we are. NIL $ is what helps us to even the playing field somewhat. Gotta use it to our advantage.

Last edited:
You've gotta remember that these are young men, many from unwealthy backgrounds. Having great integrity and character plays second fiddle in many of these negotiations. We're not in a position right now like the Georgias and Bamas and Ohio States that get elite talent just because of who we are. NIL $ is what helps us to even the playing field somewhat. Gotta use it to our advantage.
This is probably true!! But I hate it has gotten to this point. NCAA athletes are basically in a semipro league

It concerns me that Rhule appears to still be in defiance of the portal/NIL.. Meanwhile I see Deion picked up a 5* from Florida and is in line to land another 4* transfer from USC. Getting "under the radar" guys and coaching them up can only take you so far.
Where is Rhule defying the portal and NIL? I think he has fared well in the portal so far and if I'm not mistaken, I think he also got a former 5 star and 4 star from Florida. I do not blame Rhule for not getting in a bidding war on NIL. Compensation cannot be the only reason a kid should want to come here. Atmosphere, opportunity and compensation should all be factors in their decision. Let's not throw shade on Rhule for little to no reason. If you are enamored with what Deion is doing, well good on you.

Where is Rhule defying the portal and NIL? I think he has fared well in the portal so far and if I'm not mistaken, I think he also got a former 5 star and 4 star from Florida. I do not blame Rhule for not getting in a bidding war on NIL. Compensation cannot be the only reason a kid should want to come here. Atmosphere, opportunity and compensation should all be factors in their decision. Let's not throw shade on Rhule for little to no reason. If you are enamored with what Deion is doing, well good on you.

Both are 3* according to 247? We are currently #24 in the portal. OK I guess, but I thought we'd be much higher (we finished #7 last year). Like it or not, compensation DOES play a major role for many of these kids, especially the higher-profile ones who are used to being courted.

Last edited:
Both are 3* according to 247? We are currently #24 in the portal. OK I guess, but I thought we'd be much higher (we finished #7 last year). Like it or not, compensation DOES play a major role for many of these kids, especially the higher-profile ones who are used to being courted.
Both of the Florida kids were former 5 and 4 star kids, just like the two from Georgia were former high star kids. All of them were relegated to backup roles and are looking for playing time. None of them look to be highly sought after, except to lower tier programs like Nebraska currently is. I will check on Deion's new recruits to see if they are currently 5 stars or if they were former 5 stars.

The point is he committed to NU, then reneged after oklahoma offered more money. If we have to get players that way, then count me out. He did agree to some kind of NIL deal, it wasn't like he was coming for free. This is not acceptable
nli might come to the portal as well

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back