• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Orgeron's firing.......

Yeah, caught that after my post. And by no means was I trying to be snarky.

I too can't explain it, baffling to me seeing yesterdays product on the field after 4 years.

C
As my mom said yesterday (native Nebraskan and the #1 reason I chose Nebraska, knows nothing about football other than the basics) when looking at Frost “he looks like he’s going through hell”. Part of me thinks he’s just not ready for the pressure of being “the guy” at Nebraska with as much love as he has for this place. I truly believe nobody wants Nebraska to be successful more than he does. Definitely worry about his health and mental state after looking at him.

Ed's career record at FBS schools is 64-44, that is above average.

His National Championship in 2019 was a magic season just like Scott's 2014 year was.

LSU's ability to capture 4/5 star talent have led them to have National Championships in 2003, 2007 (Under two different coaches!) as well as the most recent one.

They therefore have high exceptions, that 9-8 just won't fulfill.

And no, DONU should NOT be happy with 9-8 either, we would aspire to so much better but we have been dumbed down to that level by the least seven years of poor performance :(
Agreed, but for LSU to not accept a 9-8 record in not even 2 full years, after a dominating MNC year, with a covid year, is being egotistical. I am not saying Nebraska should accept a "9-8" stretch but, that would be MUCH BETTER than any stretch we have had lately.

And here I thought the fishbowl, crazy fan expectations, and ruthless media only existed in Lincoln. How will LSU ever be expected to find another coach? If a Cajun like Orgeron that loves him some LSU football and gumbo can’t turn it around, who can? They just won a NC and fired a coach with a winning record, and just beat Florida. Who is going to go there with the crazy expectations from the administration and the fan base.

Agreed, but for LSU to not accept a 9-8 record in not even 2 full years, after a dominating MNC year, with a covid year, is being egotistical. I am not saying Nebraska should accept a "9-8" stretch but, that would be MUCH BETTER than any stretch we have had lately.
Orgeron also admitted he DID NOT interview DC Bo Pelini before he hired him in 2020!

......shows how much patience the Admin has with Frost and it also shows the difference philosophies each school has. LSU won the MNC 2 years ago, with what would rival the 95 huskers in the "Best Team Ever" mantra. LSU will be able to pick ALMOST whoever they want as HC, but be warned. IF LSU will fire a coach who won (and dominated that year) the MNC 2 years prior, WITH A WINNING RECORD when the "firing" is announced, what does that tell the incoming coach?

Nebraska had the lamest coach ever in Riley, IMO, (I am not going to go back to the 30's, 40's, 50's. or 60's, just from the Bobfather on) and his "soft of tackle football" philosophy he had. Frost has had to really change culture and toughness. He is doing it, IMO, it is 90% mental now. But Nebraska can NOT change staffs every 4 years like a school like LSU can and expect it to work. W/o going into the whys and why nots, just trust me, we can't. LSU can probably do it.
We can't keep having losing seasons either. Recruiting is going to be impossible. "Come to Nebraska and maybe win 5 games a year. It'll be great."

As my mom said yesterday (native Nebraskan and the #1 reason I chose Nebraska, knows nothing about football other than the basics) when looking at Frost “he looks like he’s going through hell”. Part of me thinks he’s just not ready for the pressure of being “the guy” at Nebraska with as much love as he has for this place. I truly believe nobody wants Nebraska to be successful more than he does. Definitely worry about his health and mental state after looking at him.
Personally I believe Scott wants to win at Nebraska but for no other reasons than his own. He would love to stick it to anyone he perceives doubts his greatness. Hey some of that’s human nature but does anyone really believe other than TO he really gives a squat about Nebraska fan? He’s had rabbit ears and a problem with his fans since he was boo’d his junior year. It’s obvious he has never forgotten that. I’m not buying he wants to do anything for Nebraska.

And here I thought the fishbowl, crazy fan expectations, and ruthless media only existed in Lincoln. How will LSU ever be expected to find another coach? If a Cajun like Orgeron that loves him some LSU football and gumbo can’t turn it around, who can? They just won a NC and fired a coach with a winning record, and just beat Florida. Who is going to go there with the crazy expectations from the administration and the fan base.

Answer: The next guy up who wants that mammoth check and a chance to pump his ego by brining LSU back. Coaches are egomaniacs. There's always another guy . . . sometimes it's the right guy.

Yeah but 90% mental is the hardest aspect to overcome and we aren't seeing much improvement there. I might think differently if I really believed that Coach Frost will take a leap forward next year. I am afraid he is as good as he will ever be here. The administration has been very patient with him and they needed to be. I agree you can't change staffs every 3 to 4 years but where do they draw the line?
That was the argument regarding the 9-10 win coach we fired. He had peaked.

I’m stunned that you see no difference between the mental aspect of this team versus last year. But for some, it’s impossible to see past the “L”.

That was the argument regarding the 9-10 win coach we fired. He had peaked.

I’m stunned that you see no difference between the mental aspect of this team versus last year. But for some, it’s impossible to see past the “L”.
I always go by the saying you are what your record says you are! Plus the fact mental errors have been big in our 5 losses thus far

I always go by the saying you are what your record says you are! Plus the fact mental errors have been big in our 5 losses thus far
What a coincidence. I just responded to someone making that very case - that you are what your record says you are.

Yes, you are a losing team if you have more losses than wins. But that doesn’t define your team. This team defines itself by what they do tomorrow and the next day and the next.

As far as the mental error comment; you cannot rid the game of mental errors. It happens every game and always will. You define yourself by overcoming them.

What a coincidence. I just responded to someone making that very case - that you are what your record says you are.

Yes, you are a losing team if you have more losses than wins. But that doesn’t define your team. This team defines itself by what they do tomorrow and the next day and the next.

As far as the mental error comment; you cannot rid the game of mental errors. It happens every game and always will. You define yourself by overcoming them.
I agree with you. We seem.to get the mental errors at exactly the wrong time and don't give ourselves an opportunity to overcome

......shows how much patience the Admin has with Frost and it also shows the difference philosophies each school has. LSU won the MNC 2 years ago, with what would rival the 95 huskers in the "Best Team Ever" mantra. LSU will be able to pick ALMOST whoever they want as HC, but be warned. IF LSU will fire a coach who won (and dominated that year) the MNC 2 years prior, WITH A WINNING RECORD when the "firing" is announced, what does that tell the incoming coach?

Nebraska had the lamest coach ever in Riley, IMO, (I am not going to go back to the 30's, 40's, 50's. or 60's, just from the Bobfather on) and his "soft of tackle football" philosophy he had. Frost has had to really change culture and toughness. He is doing it, IMO, it is 90% mental now. But Nebraska can NOT change staffs every 4 years like a school like LSU can and expect it to work. W/o going into the whys and why nots, just trust me, we can't. LSU can probably do it.
While I agree we look better the fact of the matter is we still have a culture of losing. As Santana Moss once said big time players make big time plays in big time games. We don’t have any of that right now. And it’s clear we don’t know how to find it with the current personnel. How we don’t have an alternative at QB this far into his tenure is bad. AM cannot be allowed to keep making bad decisions at the end of games that cost us and suffer no consequences.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back