• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Orgeron's firing.......

Yeah, what’s funny is Fickell is the new Frost and we were extremely lucky to get the hottest coaching prospect at the time. There’s no way we can get Fickell. He can go to USC or LSU or just wait for the Ohio State job. We will never get the hottest coaching prospect again, unless it happens to be another former Husker. Probably will never happen again.
Especially after Cincinnati was accepted to the Big 12.

When you have a for sure great hire with a pen in his hand waiting to sign a contract and the team doesn't show any improvement.

Unfortunately, Nebraska is not a top destination anymore for head coaches. Maybe a stepping stone place at best for a non-power 5 or a FCS coach. We will never hire a Sabin, Meyer, etc. When the new facilities are built, we maybe able to entice a name to come to Nebraska, if needed then.

I keep hearing "You all need to hire Luke Fickell." All I say is "you need to change whatever you are smoking cause it ain't happening."
Frost was a "for sure great hire" and look how that turned out so far

I don't know, go to LSU where they fire a NC coach two years later or NU where they keep a coach going on his fourth losing season and has not even hit .500 much less a winning season.

C
When you can make double the money at LSU and recruiting is easy, you go to LSU.

Above average with a dominating 15-0 MNC 2 years ago? I do not agree with the bolded above. LSU had, AT WORSE, the 2nd best team EVER 2 years ago. Lost a ton of players to the NFL after that season. Starting a TON of under classmen who were 4/5*'s so some knocks to be expected the years after the MNC. This isn't the Bo years, i.e. 9 wins every year but no Conference championships. This is a coach who had one of the best teams EVER 2 years ago and has since gone 9-8 (would Nebraska like to be 9-8 their last 17 games?). 2 of those 9 wins was over a top 20 team and they also beat the #6 team the year before.
Ed's career record at FBS schools is 64-44, that is above average.

His National Championship in 2019 was a magic season just like Scott's 2014 year was.

LSU's ability to capture 4/5 star talent have led them to have National Championships in 2003, 2007 (Under two different coaches!) as well as the most recent one.

They therefore have high exceptions, that 9-8 just won't fulfill.

And no, DONU should NOT be happy with 9-8 either, we would aspire to so much better but we have been dumbed down to that level by the least seven years of poor performance :(

He's an excellent coach and will land another big coaching job imo. They just beat #20 Florida and will most likely make a bowl. We should be so lucky.... LSU DEMANDS excellence even from a coach that won them a NC 3 years ago! If their new hire doesn't work out quickly they'll simply fire and hire! Can criticize LSU for being quick on the trigger but how's their record the past 20 years compared to ours? Lets not even go there.

Read your question wrong - fine Kirk Ferentz in my eyes has had great success and started off with a losing record at Iowa. There are plenty out there.
fair enough. I am referring to a coach who has had four consecutive losing seasons which is completely likely for SF. The guy as a HC is a loser and that will not change based on decades on prior proof points

My guess is Fickell will go to USC if Urban doesn’t
I have no idea. What I meant by my post was when Kelly told the Cincinnati players he would never leave them and then went to Notre Dame. It would be our luck to hire a coach that lies to his players.

Just the facts

Dabo was 6-7 in year 3 at Clemson

I use to say that SF was on the Dabo track, I no longer feel that way.

While he was 6-7 in year three he was also 9-5 year two and 10-4 year four.

Here are the cold facts. No conference winning record or overall winning record for SF where Dabo had winning records in both.

Dabo

2008Clemson4–3[A 1]3–2T–3rd (Atlantic)L Gator
2009Clemson9–56–21st (Atlantic)W Music City24
2010Clemson6–74–4T–4th (Atlantic)L Meineke Car Care
2011Clemson10–47-21st (Atlantic)L Orange2222

SF

2018Nebraska4–83–6T–5th (West)
2019Nebraska5–73–6T–5th (West)
2020Nebraska3–53–55th (West)
2021Nebraska3–51–4(West)

C

I have no idea. What I meant by my post was when Kelly told the Cincinnati players he would never leave them and then went to Notre Dame. It would be our luck to hire a coach that lies to his players.
I'd be thrilled to hire a coach that another great program would want! :Lol:

I use to say that SF was on the Dabo track, I no longer feel that way.

While he was 6-7 in year three he was also 9-5 year two and 10-4 year four.

Here are the cold facts. No conference winning record or overall winning record for SF where Dabo had winning records in both.

Dabo

2008Clemson4–3[A 1]3–2T–3rd (Atlantic)L Gator
2009Clemson9–56–21st (Atlantic)W Music City24
2010Clemson6–74–4T–4th (Atlantic)L Meineke Car Care
2011Clemson10–47-21st (Atlantic)L Orange2222

SF

2018Nebraska4–83–6T–5th (West)
2019Nebraska5–73–6T–5th (West)
2020Nebraska3–53–55th (West)
2021Nebraska3–51–4(West)

C
Yea, I read his question wrong. I think we can all agree that Frost will be here for 1 more year. What baffles me though is if you would have told me that 4 years into a Frost tenure that our defense would be playing better than Pelini’s but our offense would be playing worse, I would have called you insane. We have a Big 10 Championship caliber defense yet our o-line is worse, our RB’s are worse, our WR’s haven’t progressed, our QB hasn’t progressed, and only our TE’s are better now than when Frost got here. Just unfathomable how of all the possible outcomes, this is the one we ended up with. I can’t explain it.

Yea, I read his question wrong. I think we can all agree that Frost will be here for 1 more year. What baffles me though is if you would have told me that 4 years into a Frost tenure that our defense would be playing better than Pelini’s but our offense would be playing worse, I would have called you insane. We have a Big 10 Championship caliber defense yet our o-line is worse, our RB’s are worse, our WR’s haven’t progressed, our QB hasn’t progressed, and only our TE’s are better now than when Frost got here. Just unfathomable how of all the possible outcomes, this is the one we ended up with. I can’t explain it.

Yeah, caught that after my post. And by no means was I trying to be snarky.

I too can't explain it, baffling to me seeing yesterdays product on the field after 4 years.

C

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back