• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OLB Kaden Johnson Update: Wilfong CB flip to Wisconsin

Well, that sucks . . . but win more games and you'll have a better shot at more elite players. Pretty phenomenal class (if all else holds) given the record the last 2 years. But you can't really fault a kid if a more consistent, high-profile school comes at them hard. It's just reality.

Winning cures all ills.

If and when NU starts winning, that in and of itself will help to win more of those head to head battles. Right now, we are being outcoached on the field by Wisky, Iowa and Minny... not a good feeling at all.

No idea for sure but available signing spots are getting fewer. Frost probably has a few players waiting for word if they will get a spot. Can easily imagine that Frost wanted a firm commitment and wasn't getting it. Rather get this dealt with on Monday rather than on a hat flip on Wednesday.

Probably the same reason as Malik Reed. We haven't done anything for linebackers in years and none of our guys have gone pro since Will Compton. In fact, we haven't had one drafted since 2012 with Lavonte David. Facts need to change and we need to do a better job of developing those guys.

Luke Gifford disagrees.

How much does Wisconsin pay their LB coach? Wisky has lost coaches over money before. Probably a pipe dream, but could we get him here with a $200K raise? Better recruiting and better development than DeWitt for sure.

How much does Wisconsin pay their LB coach? Wisky has lost coaches over money before. Probably a pipe dream, but could we get him here with a $200K raise? Better recruiting and better development than DeWitt for sure.

Sorry Dewitt had a bad recruiting year. He'll try to do better next year. Yikes.

Ya. “Come to Nebraska we can help you go undrafted” is an interesting sell against Wisconsin’s LB draft picks.

Yep - we need to develop our guys, win some games and get some guys in the league. I can't complain about what the coaches have done this past couple of weeks though!

So Greene and Mauga are shown as OLB on 247. Are they planned to be OLB’s or ILB’s by our staff?
I thought I had heard they were going to play ILB here, and that Gunnerson and the other LB recruits were slated for OLB.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back