• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

OLB Kaden Johnson Update: Wilfong CB flip to Wisconsin

Wisky's DC is 3 years removed from playing in the NFL.. their ILB coach has been there 3 years, OLB has been there 2 years, perhaps let's pump the brakes a little on their years of mentoring recruits lore.

Indecisive, impressionable teenagers - we've flipped several & it sounds like KJ might have changed his mind - win some & lose some. If true, his loss IMO.

GBR!

Wisky's DC is 3 years removed from playing in the NFL.. their ILB coach has been there 3 years, OLB has been there 2 years, perhaps let's pump the brakes a little on their years of mentoring recruits lore.

Indecisive, impressionable teenagers - we've flipped several & it sounds like KJ might have changed his mind - win some & lose some. If true, his loss IMO.

GBR!

It's a very real recruiting tactic they have successfully utilized for players looking at us vs them and they've gone 2 for 2 this year on it. I'm not sure I'd discount their tenure that easily.

Last edited:

Earlier today it was expected that we would land Kaden Johnson but not Myles Slusher.

Now it’s flipped. We’re expected to land Myles but not Kaden.

I’m good with that.
Just out of curiosity, where are you hearing/seeing the positive momentum for Slusher? If we end up landing him, that would be great!

These guys aren't 100% accurate with their cb's so he could still pick us. If he does pick Wiscy I can't blame him though. They have been really good. We haven't. They have played great defense this decade. We haven't. They've put a ton of players in to the NFL the last decade. We haven't.

We gotta start winning more to be able to pull this caliber of player in with more regularity.
We put a serious dent in their run defense stats at least. #silverlining

Schaefer swapped his CB to Nebraska tonight.
Thanks!

Schaefer is kind of a homer, but hopefully there's more to it in this case. That would certainly soften the blow from losing Johnson (even though their positions are different).

Thanks!

Schaefer is kind of a homer, but hopefully there's more to it in this case. That would certainly soften the blow from losing Johnson (even though their positions are different).

Schaefer in my opinion is the fairest of all the Nebraska media. I would not call him a homer.

I think folks are going to be happy with who we pick up tomorrow.

Schaefer in my opinion is the fairest of all the Nebraska media. I would not call him a homer.

I think folks are going to be happy with who we pick up tomorrow.
Fair enough! Maybe I'm confusing him with Clouse or someone else.

How many 4* star LBs is Wisky signing? They stole Reed from us earlier this year, they signed another highly-touted LB prospect a few days ago (Sanbourn?), and now they get Johnson to flip less than 24 hours before signing day.

It's not good that they are starting to attract more 4* player. We have enough problems with all of he walkons, 2*, and 3* guys they seem to role out most years.
At this point in time Wisconsin can sell winning football games, bowl games and national relevance. We are a couple of years away from being able to do that.

Honestly, with as bad of football as we played the last 3 years I am surprised we are recruiting as well as we are.

At this point in time Wisconsin can sell winning football games, bowl games and national relevance. We are a couple of years away from being able to do that.

Honestly, with as bad of football as we played the last 3 years I am surprised we are recruiting as well as we are.

This. When you compare the results on paper, coupled with the eyeball test, there’s really no comparison between the two teams. Which makes a recruiting haul like this all the more impressive.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back