• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

It seems that the era of super conferences is here. If it’s the Big 10 and the SEC with at least 20 members each, the 2 conferences could be like the AFC and the NFC. They could play all of their regular season games inside the conference then have a mini playoff to determine a champion who would play the winner of the other champion in a college super bowl.
CFB is dead

This. Stanford and ND, but OU and UW, not Cal is where rumor people seem to be. ND has serious contractual issues it appears, and OR and UW likely have some political issues, so the next expansion may take some time.

Nothing against them but I personally do not see Cal getting an invite to the Big 10.

Last edited:
This. Stanford and ND, but OU and UW, not Cal is where rumor people seem to be. ND has serious contractual issues it appears, and OR and UW likely have some political issues, so the next expansion may take some time

Allegedly, part of the reason the Big Ten engaged NBC in media rights talks is an effort to get Notre Dame. ND doesn't have a contractual problem if the ACC splits apart, and that may just happen. According to ESPN, some ACC schools like Clemson and UNC are pushing for an unequal revenue sharing deal. That's the issue that broke apart the Big-12.

CFB is dead

When asked about the CFP Greg Sankey told ESPN "I don't know. I didn't vote against expansion." Apparently, he's said that multiple times to several people in the last day or so. He's angry that the 12-team playoff was defeated last year.

Actually if I am the B12 today ... I am chasing members of the PAC-12 ... imagine the Arizona's, Utah, Oregon, Washington and CU joining the current membership ... would make it the 3rd best conference.
Not sure the PAC wants to do that. It would likely involve the Big 12 joint them imo. We’ll see. Will be interesting. May as well freak up everything else as well.

Come on folks. Only 442 posts in 29 hours?

Well then get to posting more!!! :thumbsup:

v15Bnk.gif

Last edited:
My gut feeling Pac12/B1G will fail negotiation. Back to our 14 teams ... 2024, 2025, 2026, etc

However, Wilner said the move has not been finalized

ND is likely coming. All the insider talk is that the admin wants it and are waiting on the priests, who appear to be leaning that way too.

ND can get out of the ACC deal pretty easy, the contract says they can't join another conference. They could just walk from scheduling any ACC teams and schedule BIG10 teams with additional compensation from the Big 10. Not ideal but one way to get out of the ACC conference until it folds or they agree to a reduced buyout.

I'm hearing 2 weeks until an announcement. Decent contacts, but nothing is certain yet.

ND is likely coming. All the insider talk is that the admin wants it and are waiting on the priests, who appear to be leaning that way too.

ND can get out of the ACC deal pretty easy, the contract says they can't join another conference. They could just walk from scheduling any ACC teams and schedule BIG10 teams with additional compensation from the Big 10. Not ideal but one way to get out of the ACC conference until it folds or they agree to a reduced buyout.

I'm hearing 2 weeks until an announcement. Decent contacts, but nothing is certain yet.
Fighting Irish is my second favorite team

GET THOSE GD LIBERALS OUTA…

Just kidding. Sounds awesome. Can’t wait to take a trip out to Cali for a game.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back