• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Official: USC/UCLA Joining B1G in 2024

Trev already made a statement that this is just the beginning. More schools added, more conference implosion. Bring it.

I think this is just the start.

The SEC and B1G will each expand to 24-28 teams each, create a new governing body and go their own way.

I think the B1G locks up the CA markets, the West coast markets, and possibly AZ, Dallas and KU.

The SEC guts the ACC and a couple of Big 12 teams.

But I do not see the same college football world by 2025. You may have the NFL Collegiate league, and then the NCAA which will have all the other left over teams/schools.
Sec already has Dallas Fort Worth locked up with Texas and OU

Latest rumor is that the rest of the PAC 10 is reaching out to the ACC.

I agree that the push for this all is thorugh FOX news and that ESPN coverge was as minimal as possible. In part, howeever, it was the opening of the free agency market in the NBA and espn had set up their shows to blanket that. I think they got stuck in their coverage because of that.

But I don't think the BIG has won this yet by a long shot. They need to button up the northern CA market, and I suspect that FOX really wants that too.

I once knew the head of the major LA TV station and he looked at stuff like this in an entierely different way than most people not in the business did. They have their own algorithms. We'll see what happens but I think he will probably happen within a week or so if it's going to.

What I do't understand is why BIG is wating on ND before they address WA/OR. Separate questions in my mind. You don't need a partner for ND.

Latest rumor is that the rest of the PAC 10 is reaching out to the ACC.

I agree that the push for this all is thorugh FOX news and that ESPN coverge was as minimal as possible. In part, howeever, it was the opening of the free agency market in the NBA and espn had set up their shows to blanket that. I think they got stuck in their coverage because of that.

But I don't think the BIG has won this yet by a long shot. They need to button up the northern CA market, and I suspect that FOX really wants that too.

I once knew the head of the major LA TV station and he looked at stuff like this in an entierely different way than most people not in the business did. They have their own algorithms. We'll see what happens but I think he will probably happen within a week or so if it's going to.

What I do't understand is why BIG is wating on ND before they address WA/OR. Separate questions in my mind. You don't need a partner for ND.
Oregon owns the northern caif market

Last edited:

I have heard people thinking about the SEC or Big 10 going after ACC schools. However, I haven’t heard a firm response regarding if all ACC schools signed their Grant of Rights away through the entirety of their current television agreement which runs through 2035-36.

I would think that could be a huge issue in getting some of those teams.

Yeah, that's a problem. Notre Dame can pay out to get out since they don't have a grant of rights for football with the ACC. The cost for the others would be a lot higher.

Yep there is a Reason SEC brought on UT and OU. It keeps the red River showdown and Brings UT and ATM back together

And more importantly…it grabs a much larger chunk of the state of Texas for ESPN/SEC for tv/media exposure.

Last edited:
The remnants of the Pac-12 and the Big XII will merge. The only question is what constitutes the remnants?

It seems that the era of super conferences is here. If it’s the Big 10 and the SEC with at least 20 members each, the 2 conferences could be like the AFC and the NFC. They could play all of their regular season games inside the conference then have a mini playoff to determine a champion who would play the winner of the other champion in a college super bowl.

I agree that ND and Stanford could be the next 2 that the Big 10 wants.

Stanford brings quite a bit to the conference which has been discussed in this thread. However, Stanford will not be able to dictate bringing Cal with them. They might want it but won’t say no to the Big 10 if Cal isn’t included.
This. Stanford and ND, but OU and UW, not Cal is where rumor people seem to be. ND has serious contractual issues it appears, and OR and UW likely have some political issues, so the next expansion may take some time.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back