• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

Does anyone know of he was regarded as a pretty good recruiter when he was an assistant coach?

Sounds like he has a great reputation a recruiter on the West Coast. That should strengthen our California recruiting. Seems like a great hire. Nebraska needs to have a staff full of great recruiters to compete and he's a great fit with Frost and his offense.

I'm really surprised that Frost parted ways with a coordinator before year 3. I'm also pleased with this hire. Obviously, hindsight will be 20/20, but it looks pretty darn good on paper. I'm also extremely intrigued by how quickly it all transpired.

From status quo to Mickey Joseph rumors to a new OC in 8 hours. We barely got a chance to spread outlandish rumors or bitch and moan about the hiring process.
Whatever, how do you not take a bit of time to decipher your options. I mean what do recruits think? 1 coach out the door, so you hire the first guy on speed dial.

Little guy running around with hair on fire!

Last edited:
Lincoln Journal Star

At that time, Duke coach David Cutcliffe said of Lubick, “An assistant coach is so many things. But it starts with a mentor. It starts with care and concern that’s real. Love, if you will. Matt Lubick exemplifies exactly what it means to be a mentor in every sense of the word. Past that, he coordinates our passing game as well as our recruiting efforts. Matt Lubick — no offense to anyone I’ve ever worked with — is simply the best recruiter that I’ve ever worked with.”

Whatever, how do you not take a bit of time to decipher your options. I mean what do recruits think? 1 coach out the door, so you hire the first guy on speed dial.

Little guy running around with hair on fire!
Working off memory here but I’m pretty sure Frost was talking to him about coming here 2 years ago when Walters was delaying decision to come to Nebraska. My guess is he has always been the first choice but loyalty to the undefeated team created a 2 year detour.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back