• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

I had hoped that Lubick would join the staff back when we fired Frost, but as we all know the entire UCF staff ended up following Frost. So I just had to wait two years!

I think this is a good hire and an upgrade. Walters did reasonably well recruiting, but the lack of development at the WR position was a glaring problem the last two years.

I'm just gonna say it was autocorrect :Wink:

But at least those opportunities were absolutely maximized during the limited time available.

I give us a C+. No flight tracker. No suggestions that we hire a random ex-Husker from the '90s teams that isn't even coaching. No real estate searches or cable installations. No random sighting of a high profile OC at the Lincoln airport. Pretty weak.

Coloradan Lubick Story

According to this piece, he left coaching because it wasn’t leaving enough time for family. And he loves Colorado so much that he is keeping his home in Fort Collins. Is this a guy who will spend long hours at the office and then fly all over the country meeting with recruits?

I give this 2-3 years before he either gets hired by CU/CSU, or leaves coaching again. His heart is in Colorado and with his family. And who could blame him? An 8-5 job in Ft Collins near family sounds better than the pressure cooker in Lincoln.

Does anyone know of he was regarded as a pretty good recruiter when he was an assistant coach?
At Nebraska, this means flying all over the country and being away from your family. But this guy left coaching to spend more time with family. So...we shall see. I know this: Frost doesn’t tolerate poor recruiters on his staff. He obviously places a high premium on this.

At Nebraska, this means flying all over the country and being away from your family. But this guy left coaching to spend more time with family. So...we shall see. I know this: Frost doesn’t tolerate poor recruiters on his staff. He obviously places a high premium on this.

Urban Meyer took off time for ‘family’, as I recall. A lot of people take a year off or change careers and then rethink things later. Look at his resume...ground his way around the country, moving every 2-3 years for another opportunity. He was probably crispy.

A year out of the ‘game’ and you get a great offer from someone you can work for and the fire is still there? He’s probably recharged and missing it.

No brainer. Great hire.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back