• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

One of the things that may help this year is reducing the breakdowns that were taking place all over the offense last year. We did improve as the year went on, but there were just too many mistakes by the unit in combination.

I think he's hard to move players around on the depth chart when the starters can't even master what is going on, and it puts the coaches in a tough spot because the sheer number of problems makes it hard to swap out a guy when other problems are likely to pop up as well. I thought they did a good job game planning what McCaffrey could do when they got him on the field, and Vedral did pretty well as well. I haven't a clue how good Masker is, but even in a best case he wasn't the savior when there were as many errors as we saw going on around the QB (e.g., last I checked Noa was making a catch on around 40% of his targets in the passing game)

Hopefully a deeper depth chart and a healthy spring allow us to go deeper into the depth chart and get more guys ready to play - not only at QB but at the other positions also. One thing we saw last year all over was that too often we couldn't afford to lose one player. We need that to change dramatically
Hopefully the new O coordinator is better at teaching individual responsibilities.

To be fair, I was the best scout QB on my high school team when we'd prep for an option offense.

I was robbed.

ResizedP_tenor_14871034_mediumgif_617833849308999.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back