• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

So we're talking a hybrid Spread Option/I option offense? That would be very interesting to see.

Malzahn uses FB's and HBacks in his spread as well, but if you have a guy like Mills, it gives us some flexibility in how we config the backfield.

JMO, though

Malzahn uses FB's and HBacks in his spread as well, but if you have a guy like Mills, it gives us some flexibility in how we config the backfield.

JMO, though
It is an interesting thought. So what you are recommending is to use some of the TEs like Hbacks in the NFL. Sometimes a TE sometimes a fullback.

I sure hope they don't have Wandale as the 2nd RB behind Mills. If he runs the ball from RB position, he's likely to have an injury. I'd rsther he stick to WR with just occasional runs from that position, like jet sweeps.

Yes, by all means, let's replay the season with Masker starting the games when the other QBs were banged up. I'm quite sure the results would have been different. Probably to the tune of losing by 30 instead of 7 or 10. MABC's Iowa report on Masker would have had smiley faces in it.
I get your point, but have you watched Masker play? I was impressed by his HS play and would only think he would be pretty good by now with coaching from the Guru.

He makes throws I haven't seen the other QBs make much lately.

I get your point, but have you watched Masker play? I was impressed by his HS play and would only think he would be pretty good by now with coaching from the Guru.

He makes throws I haven't seen the other QBs make much lately.

If you listen to many posters on this Board, AM took a step back last year while being coached by the same Guru. Not sure why Masker would have improved dramatically in that same time frame. I'm sure Masker is an adequate player, but to compare his HS play to going against a B1G foe on the road is not quite the apples to apples comparison which would typically lend itself to a correct prediction.

If you listen to many posters on this Board, AM took a step back last year while being coached by the same Guru. Not sure why Masker would have improved dramatically in that same time frame. I'm sure Masker is an adequate player, but to compare his HS play to going against a B1G foe on the road is not quite the apples to apples comparison which would typically lend itself to a correct prediction.
Since he has not had the opportunity, how would we know?

Since he has not had the opportunity, how would we know?

OK....the level of HS football in Nebraska must have improved substantially in recent years. Otherwise, if you are saying that Masker would do as well against NE HS competition as B1G competition, well, i'll have to let you try to justify that comparison.

OK....the level of HS football in Nebraska must have improved substantially in recent years. Otherwise, if you are saying that Masker would do as well against NE HS competition as B1G competition, well, i'll have to let you try to justify that comparison.
Have we seen him play in the BIG? Then how is it possible to compare? Eric Crouch played his HS football in Neb. So did other NU players.

Have we seen him play in the BIG? Then how is it possible to compare? Eric Crouch played his HS football in Neb. So did other NU players.

Awesome...i'm very happy that we have a 2nd Eric Crouch sitting on the sidelines waiting to take the starting job at QB this year. I get it, you love Masker.....but i will be the first to say i was wrong if he wins a Heisman.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back