• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

Only person considered.

ESPN

"I have always wanted to work with Matt again since our days at Oregon together," Frost said. "He is the only person I considered for this position. Matt has an innovative offensive mind, provides a veteran presence on our staff and brings a proven track record of success at the Power 5 level."

Last edited:
At Nebraska, this means flying all over the country and being away from your family. But this guy left coaching to spend more time with family. So...we shall see. I know this: Frost doesn’t tolerate poor recruiters on his staff. He obviously places a high premium on this.
Maybe he took a full year off and found out family time wasn't all that....

Only person considered.

ESPN

"I have always wanted to work with Matt again since our days at Oregon together," Frost said. "He is the only person I considered for this position. Matt has an innovative offensive mind, provides a veteran presence on our staff and brings a proven track record of success at the Power 5 level."
That's not a bad thing, to have been the only person considered. Or put another way, guys like Scott have been considering people for this job since they went into coaching. Much better that he has a clear favorite he already knows well than to take a chance on some guy whose resume came in over the transom. This is the way it's supposed to work.

Last edited:
That's not a bad thing, to have been the only person considered. Or put another way, guys like Scott have been considering people for this job since they went into coaching. Much better that he has a clear favorite he already knows well than to take a chance on some guy whose resume came in over the transom. This is the way it's supposed to work.
I agree.

The brains of what gets called on Saturday’s will be Scott Frost, with input from the OC, as well as others. Hopefully, he is a GREAT position coach. Great coaching is where it all starts. It will make these players better!

Seems like a very good hire, but I don't like the sound of this:
I’m keeping my house in Fort Collins, and when I’m not in Lincoln, I will be here.” .....it’s a great staff and it’s close to home, where I can still get back and forth and see my family and friends,” Matt Lubick said.

This worries me, you have a bunch of top notch WR recruits who were expecting to be coached by Walters, now this? Blaming the WR coach for playing an injured QB who was having a sophomore slump, who couldn't see open receivers, more like Mario should have been let go. Hope the new kids are good with this, being an ex Ducks coach will help. As my niece would say, not impressed. Please prove me wrong.

Do you think this is it for coaching changes?
I do. We are at ten coaches so there's really not much else we will hear on this front. I was really hoping the intel I got last week that I shared about Dawson being a done deal was fake news. Unfortunately it is what it is.

They are going to hire at least one analyst (if not two), though i'm unclear if it would be Helfrich to help with passing game stuff, or someone to be our special teams guy since we don't have a coordinator there.
I thought you said earlier before all this that the coaching changes we're done, but I could be mistaken. I've only been on the site sporadically.
Just to clarify, that is just a question about wondering if any other coaching changes could happen, I was absolutely not calling into question your post. I just wanted to clarify.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back