• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New OC Matt Lubick hired!

You're assuming that the coaching staff wasn't smart enough to consider any of the things that you mentioned? Give them the benefit of the doubt: they're not stupid. If they made choices that you don't understand, but they have infinitely more knowledge and information, you have to either trust them enough to do their jobs, or you need to put your resume on Bill Moos' desk and apply for their jobs.
I applied pal but mood said I was overqualified

When Frost got here, he really laughed at people saying we needed to keep Keith Williams on due to his recruiting and development. They identified WR as the thinnest position on the team (DB was probably 1B). I agree with you it was pretty thin. That said, I think WR is the easiest spot to make an immediate impact in college football. You just can't recruit Dominik Watt, Justin McGriff, Andre Hunt, Katerian LeGrone, and then have Jaron Woodyard and Mike WIlliams as your immediate impact JUCOs. Then the next year grab Demariyon Houston, Darian Chase, and Jamie Nance and get basically zero production out of your first two recruiting cycles.
Agree he didn’t really develop anyone.

From the Journal Star article link...
According to an ESPN story, the challenge, which also stood as a penalty if a receiver was late to a meeting or had any other kind of disciplinary issue, was to run 400-meter repeats with Lubick. Prukop said he thinks it was for 21 minutes straight.

“So over that summer I was like, ‘Yeah, I want to do it,’” Prukop told the Journal Star on Saturday morning. “The only guy that had done it and almost hung with him was Devon Allen, and Devon Allen was in the finals for the Olympics for the hurdles.”
Allen told ESPN in 2015 that Lubick is "one of those guys who makes everything a competition.”

Fellow receiver Bralon Addison called him “the most competitive coach I’ve ever been around.”
So then it was Prukop’s turn to try. The result?

“Man, he whooped me,” said Prukop, now a quarterback for the Toronto Argonauts in the Canadian Football League. “I loved conditioning and offseason work and I rarely let myself get beat in conditioning, so I’m thinking I’m in the best shape possible, but I definitely was not in endurance shape to hang with him.”

“He was all-in and he was doing everything he could to have an edge as a coach, so as a player, that’s really reassuring that, ‘Hey, I’ve got a coach who’s doing all this stuff just because he feels like it will make him a better coach,’ so you’ve got no excuse as a player to do everything you can to be the best player you can be.

So what does it mean? Nebraska’s new offensive coordinator and receivers coach has a Herculean track workout. Fantastic, but what’s that good for? Prukop contends there’s more to it than a person might think.

“I still think of that. When I’m a coach someday, I want to be the coach that can actually run with the kids. I want to be able to do that, and I got that from Lubick. It makes you respect the guy a lot more.”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back