• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

He's rated anywhere from 11-15th OT for 2019. He's going to get drafted. I was one of the guys who didn't think players like Spencer Long, Slauson and others were that good, and I thought Will Compton was too slow for the NFL. Yet all of them have had nice NFL careers. Nebraska has seriously under performed the physical talent level at times since Solich got fired.

Wanted: 1 coaching staff that can actually utilize players’ raw talent

......we have been spurned before. Could it happen again? Never say never.

I’m ready for a change. First time since 1957 we have lost 3 in a row at home. My biggest concern for SF, is the defense has had issues. Not sure that SF can fire a friend, anymore that most other coaches can.

Thought Lee made vast improvements in all areas and he would continue to improve (that's what great football players do). Thought it was rookie/rusty mistakes at the beginning of the year.

It appears he is just as inconsistent as the rest of the team.....Day by Day we just don't get better.
I don't blame Lee. It starts at the top. Lee is the type QB that needs a good OL in front of him that can allow for a run game and time in the pocket for routes to develop. If you force the pass game because the line can't block the run, then you have a feast or famine type of offense like we have....not consistency or go to plays. btw, I truly believe we've been this bad for the last few years but TA pulled off some amazing plays and kept drives alive.

Last edited:

Frost is going to do what's best for his career and I don't blame him for that. He originally went to Stanford because (correctly) believed that going out there would give him a better shot at developing into an NFL QB than going to Nebraska. He'll analyze which job gives him the best chance to build a consistent winning program.

I really don't know what kind of a job UF is. It was obviously great when Spurrier was there, but the last couple coaches could hardly recruit any offensive players and now Miami's back to being a national brand again. Unless FSU takes a downturn, recruiting in Florida just got a lot harder.

I just hope Moos has a backup plan if Frost says no. I really don't want to go through the FADSP disaster that led to Bill Callahan again.

I don't blame Lee. It starts at the top. Lee is the type QB that needs a good OL in front of him that can allow for a run game and time in the pocket for routes to develop. If you force the pass game because the line can't block the run, then you have a feast or famine type of offense like we have....not consistency or go to plays. btw, I truly believe we've been this bad for the last few years but TA pulled off some amazing plays and kept drives alive.
Definitely agree with your last sentence. I don't blame Lee for the loss but he made some mistakes in this game. I think Pat Fitzgerald does an excellent job of disguising his defense but Lee missed some reads and threw into coverage that he shouldn't have.

I’m ready for a change. First time since 1957 we have lost 3 in a row at home. My biggest concern for SF, is the defense has had issues. Not sure that SF can fire a friend, anymore that most other coaches can.

Frost's defensive coordinator is supposedly a rising star as well. Others have mentioned on this board that he also runs a 3-4 so that would potentially help the transition.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back