• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Hopefully Stanford decision is a reminder to not spurn Nebraska, and perhaps birth of new baby soon will be another draw to come home. i understand Wife expecting any minute now.

Hopefully Moos tells Scott there will be no hazing, and we'll make sure he's got a winter coat waiting at the airport. ;)

First, you guys are sure a bunch of front runners because you LOVED Tanner last week and now he stinks.

Sorry, not me. I was neither pro-Lee nor anti-Lee at the start of the season or at any point during the season. The only thing I ever said was that the QB position was going to be an upgrade from last year. On that, I will admit, I was painfully, painfully wrong.

Last edited:
Sorry, I may have misunderstood your first post. I always love your posts so now I feel bad! Sorry about that.
LOL - I think in the end you were a right, I was making a reason for why UCF may struggle down the stretch then mocking Husker fans for all their excuses when they are on a certain side of an argument.

Long story short, i'm off the Riley train and think Frost definitely needs to be a top candidate. I do not want it to be Frost or bust and us not look at other candidates like Campbell from Iowa State or something.

How about Nick Gates effort. OMG
There's no excuse for the way he played unless he's really hurt and shouldn't be out there. The effort was bad the results worse! That INT was caused almost entirely because NWU did a stunt and Gates completely missed it. The defender had a clear shot at Lee and made it count. That was a huge turning point in that game and gave NWU new hope they could win it!!

Last edited:
I am surprised that Florida would be interested in Frost after their last experience. Same situation, coach with only a few years experience does well so they hire him. I would think they would be going after a coach with much more experience that would be less of a gamble.

There's no excuse for the way he played unless he's really hurt and shouldn't be out there. The effort was bad the results worse! That INT was caused almost entirely because NWU did a stunt and Gates completely missed it. The defender had a clear shot at Lee and made it count. That was a huge turning point in that game and gave NWU new hope they could win it!!
If he was hurt and Cav let him play like that, he needs to be shown the door tonight. I cant remember seeing anyone stand around on just about ever play in my life and still stay in the game. The game film is not going to be pretty for Gates. :eek:

Hopefully Moos tells Scott there will be no hazing, and we'll make sure he's got a winter coat waiting at the airport. ;)
Nebraska kid won’t let any of that bother him. Besides, by most accounts his more recent comments related to Nebraska are very positive.

I hope Aaron Taylor is correct and Nebraska is Frost's dream job. I know he also said that the money isn't a big deal with Frost...but I honestly think that Nebraska will have to make it worth it to him to come home. If the compensation package is commensurate, all these morons who think Frost will go elsewhere are going to be proven wrong.

As much as I have turned to the "Riley has got to go" side...I just can't bring myself to blame him, really, for today.

Tanner Lee is pure garbage. Maybe Riley deserves the blame since he continues to run that dude out there...but this loss is on Tanner Lee and his COMPLETE inability to read the defense or see the field.
I think you are way off base. Yes Tanner did not have a great day but it wS not him who gave up all those yards or who missed blocks. It was a team effort.

When Nebraska was up 24-17 and were driving for what looked to be the score that would cinch it (until Tanner Lee decided to do what he does best), I wondered what might happen "when" Nebraska won and what that could mean for Riley's future.

Glad we don't have to cross that bridge! ugggggggh.....:Banghead::(:Puke:

I hope Aaron Taylor is correct and Nebraska is Frost's dream job. I know he also said that the money isn't a big deal with Frost...but I honestly think that Nebraska will have to make it worth it to him to come home. If the compensation package is commensurate, all these morons who think Frost will go elsewhere are going to be proven wrong.
He stated he woulda’ missed today’s game if his baby was born today. Family is important to him, kids change things for many.

I think you are way off base. Yes Tanner did not have a great day but it wS not him who gave up all those yards or who missed blocks. It was a team effort.

The defense played more than well enough to win. Defense held Northwestern to 0-8 on its first 8 3rd down tries. Throwing picks that were clearly no ones fault but Lee's to end 2 scoring drives and its someone elses fault?

Last edited:

The defense played more than well enough to win. Defense held Northwestern to 0-8 on its first 8 3rd down tries. Throwing picks that were clearly no ones fault but Lee's to end 2 scoring drives and its someone elses fault?
That 3rd pick was not on Lee. His throw was altered because an untouched DL hit him as he was throwing the ball.

NW rushed 5. We kept a TE in to make 6 blockers. We kept Ozigbo in to make 7 blockers. Someone was supposed to pick up the stunting DL. Someone failed. That was not on TL.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back