• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Frost is going to do what's best for his career and I don't blame him for that. He originally went to Stanford because (correctly) believed that going out there would give him a better shot at developing into an NFL QB than going to Nebraska. He'll analyze which job gives him the best chance to build a consistent winning program.

I really don't know what kind of a job UF is. It was obviously great when Spurrier was there, but the last couple coaches could hardly recruit any offensive players and now Miami's back to being a national brand again. Unless FSU takes a downturn, recruiting in Florida just got a lot harder.

I just hope Moos has a backup plan if Frost says no. I really don't want to go through the FADSP disaster that led to Bill Callahan again.
Frost should not go to UF. The landscape of College football in the State of Florida has changed and the Big 3 are no longer the only show in the State. MIx that in with ALL D1, D2, and D3 schools going after Florida HS football talent with Gator fans with high expectations, and UGA on the rise, it would NOT be a good move for Frost. He needs to come back to Nebraska, and Moos needs to pull the trigger.

Frost is going to do what's best for his career and I don't blame him for that. He originally went to Stanford because (correctly) believed that going out there would give him a better shot at developing into an NFL QB than going to Nebraska. He'll analyze which job gives him the best chance to build a consistent winning program.

I really don't know what kind of a job UF is. It was obviously great when Spurrier was there, but the last couple coaches could hardly recruit any offensive players and now Miami's back to being a national brand again. Unless FSU takes a downturn, recruiting in Florida just got a lot harder.

I just hope Moos has a backup plan if Frost says no. I really don't want to go through the FADSP disaster that led to Bill Callahan again.
Hopefully Stanford decision is a reminder to not spurn Nebraska, and perhaps birth of new baby soon will be another draw to come home. i understand Wife expecting any minute now.

Last edited:
You just gave UCF an excuse for stumbling but then you want to criticize people who provide excuses for them losing tonight? I usually love your posts but this one seems juvenile.

I have no doubt that we will lose games when Frost gets here. Next season's schedule is brutal. Also, it's very possible that Frost will fail in Nebraska, but hiring him seems like a no brainer at this point. In a few years, hindsight will be 20/20. At that point you can say, "I told you so" if you want, but right now Frost is the hot coaching prospect and he obviously understands the culture of Nebraska football. He is a native son and a rising star. Why not hire him?
I'm confused what you are arguing. I think Frost would/will do great here.

If Lee was 18 and fresh out of high school I'd understand staying with him.

This isn't his first year against college teams.

Looks like a bend don’t break defense. SMU has 179 yards in a little over 1 qtr, but 86 yards came one one play. SMU has only 7 points to show for it.

Why isn't it fair? He made the calls to hire Langsdorf, Cavenaugh and Banker. He made the final call to start Lee, and he's made the call every week to keep Lee in the game. Furthermore, he's got the authority to overrule Langsdorf on any call. He did that last year and took back playcalling duties. He's not even done that much this year.

I think Riley's understood since NIU that it's over and is simply playing out the string.
I'm not going to get into an argument why firing a coach in his 3rd year isn't necessarily fair. You disagree, and I'm cool with that.

I think it's time Husker nation quits arguing over every small thing and unite behind the next HC.

You just gave UCF an excuse for stumbling but then you want to criticize people who provide excuses for them losing tonight? I usually love your posts but this one seems juvenile.

I have no doubt that we will lose games when Frost gets here. Next season's schedule is brutal. Also, it's very possible that Frost will fail in Nebraska, but hiring him seems like a no brainer at this point. In a few years, hindsight will be 20/20. At that point you can say, "I told you so" if you want, but right now Frost is the hot coaching prospect and he obviously understands the culture of Nebraska football. He is a native son and a rising star. Why not hire him?
Eaasssyyy tiger....

I don't blame Lee at all for this game. There are just too many other things wrong. Lee's not an all-world player, but he's good enough to be an effective quarterback in a worthwhile scheme.
Agreed. Two of those INTs were horrible, and he could have thrown more. But the 3rd was not on him, and that's the one that really had the biggest impact on the game. When a simple DL stunt with 5 rushers, leads to an untouched DL nailing your QB even though you have 7 in protection, something ain't right. And we've seen that far too often.

I'm not going to get into an argument why firing a coach in his 3rd year isn't necessarily fair. You disagree, and I'm cool with that.

I think it's time Husker nation quits arguing over every small thing and unite behind the next HC.

Let’s unite behind this year’s players, and deal with the HC situation as it develops.

I’m ready for a change. First time since 1957 we have lost 3 in a row at home. My biggest concern for SF, is the defense has had issues. Not sure that SF can fire a friend, anymore that most other coaches can.
Absolutely have to have a top D Coord. come with him....I mean go after Venables, that type caliber D coord. It's a must.

First, you guys are sure a bunch of front runners because you LOVED Tanner last week and now he stinks.

Tanner has been the same all year, better or worse depending on the o-line support and play calling each week, so knock off the criticism for today.

We should have let Coach Riley go in the bye week like Florida. Appoint Coach Bray HC and get rid of Cav and move Tavita to O-line coach and see if the season could have turned out differently.

I agree with posters who now would like to see Coach Riley removed tomorrow so that the search can be aggressive prior to the recruiting deadline of Dec 20th.

With the PSU loss, things will not be happy when we go to Happy Valley, can you imagine what they will want to do to us?

With Iowa boat racing OSU, they will be coming to Lincoln looking to cement a major bowl bid, also wanting to lay a big one on us.
The next few weeks do not look very good for us unless AD Moos can give us some hope for the future.

I don't blame Lee. It starts at the top. Lee is the type QB that needs a good OL in front of him that can allow for a run game and time in the pocket for routes to develop. If you force the pass game because the line can't block the run, then you have a feast or famine type of offense like we have....not consistency or go to plays. btw, I truly believe we've been this bad for the last few years but TA pulled off some amazing plays and kept drives alive.

Lee is a miserable QB. His field vision is horrific. He locks in on his receiver and seems to be completely unaware of the other color jerseys around that receiver. On the last INT, there is no way he should have been throwing that ball with a guy hitting him. Terrible decision making and trash field vision. He threw 3 picks today and it really should have been 4. The play calling was suspect, but when you take points off the board on two drives, one late in the game...its on you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back