• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New Coach & Scott Frost Discussion

Agree, time to call it. Painful to watch, we should have been up 38-17 or more on this team. We can't put teams away and our athletes are way more talented than NW.
No energy, excitement, or discipline, awful playcalling, slow lethargic starts, extremely poor player development (especially the Oline) and NO fire or passion from the HC walking the sidelines. How many other categories in coaching are there to fail in? Nice guy, but not getting it done. This is a poorly coached team, and has been for awhile, athletes deserve better.

I've said before UCF will probably start stumbling due to all the unknowns with their coach. Can't wait for the excuses if Scott loses tonight such as "well his wife was getting ready to have a baby." A quick glimpse into what we could see in Lincoln!

After the Iowa game or after Frost's team is done with the regular season or after their Bowl Game.

I've said before UCF will probably start stumbling due to all the unknowns with their coach. Can't wait for the excuses if Scott loses tonight such as "well his wife was getting ready to have a baby." A quick glimpse into what we could see in Lincoln!

Don’t look now but UCF having a very poor start.

Here's the thing about the players.

Guys like Spencer Long, Compton, Paul, etc., have had good NFL careers. Long's a Pro Bowler, Compton started 15 games last year and Niles Paul is a starter in some packages, and that's just on one team. Right now Nick Gates is rated in the top 15 of all OT prospects for 2019 and projected to go in rounds 4-6. Physically, he's NOT a bad player. Nebraska has had a string of coaches who have absolutely failed to get the best out of their players.

Yes! Lack of player development. That’s been one of our most glaring failures.

Yep, an long pass play for a TD for SMU and now Milton has been picked off.

Last edited:

I don't blame Lee at all for this game. There are just too many other things wrong. Lee's not an all-world player, but he's good enough to be an effective quarterback in a worthwhile scheme.
He was too inconsistent in this game but I agree with your premise. He has to shoulder some of the blame, there are a half dozen or more throws he probably wants back. There were probably 3 near picks he threw in addition to the picks he did throw.

You just gave UCF an excuse for stumbling but then you want to criticize people who provide excuses for them losing tonight? I usually love your posts but this one seems juvenile.

I have no doubt that we will lose games when Frost gets here. Next season's schedule is brutal. Also, it's very possible that Frost will fail in Nebraska, but hiring him seems like a no brainer at this point. In a few years, hindsight will be 20/20. At that point you can say, "I told you so" if you want, but right now Frost is the hot coaching prospect and he obviously understands the culture of Nebraska football. He is a native son and a rising star. Why not hire him?

Last edited:
Gotta get drafted first...

He's rated anywhere from 11-15th OT for 2019. He's going to get drafted. I was one of the guys who didn't think players like Spencer Long, Slauson and others were that good, and I thought Will Compton was too slow for the NFL. Yet all of them have had nice NFL careers. Nebraska has seriously under performed the physical talent level at times since Solich got fired.

At least we won't have to worry about finding an interim HC for the bowl game.

There's no way MR survives now, the upcoming beat downs from Penn St and Iowa are going to be bad.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back