• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New assistant coaches.

There weren’t many games where the team played what I would call embarrassing football( first half of the Minnesota game was the worst) and I believe needs to happen is establishing a running game. Martinez is at his best on designed runs he’s easily the most feared runner the Huskers have.
According to the last press conference he’s playing with some injuries. Hopefully he’ll be ready to go for Purdue.

There weren’t many games where the team played what I would call embarrassing football( first half of the Minnesota game was the worst) and I believe needs to happen is establishing a running game. Martinez is at his best on designed runs he’s easily the most feared runner the Huskers have.
According to the last press conference he’s playing with some injuries. Hopefully he’ll be ready to go for Purdue.
Idk losing to Illinois was pretty embarrassing

It was certainly "telling" that Frost was in the O-line meetings the week after Sparty...The O-line shuffle took place and the O-line had their best game since Rutgers 2020. If anyone goes it's Austin and it will be Frost's decision..

A smart ass comment would be that we are discussing what kind of dress to put on this particular pig.

But seriously, I think we have to think about who would come as assistants in this regime. I know you don't want to go over that plowed ground, but at least we need to think about the probable quality of the coaches you could get to come in as assistants, possibly under one year contracts. They would not be Monte Kiffin types.

So the integration problems would be greater than bringing in a really good one, and the chances of getting a good one would be reduced.

Assuming one of a middling quality would come in, the hope would be that they come from a winning P5 team,so they wouldn't get here until after the recruiting season Dec singing period would be over (they'd be at a bowl game). So little help if any on recruiting.

On changing bad habits and sorting out the strengths and weaknesses of the players, that would take months and probably couldn't really be tested until the first game or two of the season. Practice all americans sometimes fail under real bullets.

If you add that many of our best players will be gone, and that some of our position rooms are nearly empty of talent now, you are asking a lot from any new asst brought in under a one year contract.

Maybe they would give the new guys three years, but that would assume they are sticking with SF for at least an additonal two years. Hard to think they would do that ,and hard to think they want to burden themselves with more contracts to pay out if next year they say no mas to the HC after a fifth year.

It was certainly "telling" that Frost was in the O-line meetings the week after Sparty...The O-line shuffle took place and the O-line had their best game since Rutgers 2020. If anyone goes it's Austin and it will be Frost's decision..
Welcome!

I would say that the O line is definitely a position group that could benefit from some extra coaching. May be too much for one coach to manage. We saw improvement after Frost helped out there. TO always had two assistants assigned to the O line.

Thought of this while reading another thread. Maybe we can keep this a little more on topic. My concern with the belief of keeping SF and forcing him to change out some assistants is the effectiveness of it.

There have already been many posts on whether we would get quality assistants to come to the titanic so that one has been beat to death. My question is how welcome would Scott be to the change they would try and bring. First off they’d have to learn Scott’s offense, abide by his practice schedule and his coaching style. It would be a one year learning process there alone. Does anyone really believe changing out some assistants will make this team look like they should in the 5th year?
The key is to get Frost to think it's his idea. Then you have 100% buy in.

If Scott can't see what is going on, or is adamantly resistant to changes, this program may be in real non recoverable trouble.

Concur. When your boss has to do your job, you've just made yourself expendable.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back