• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New assistant coaches.

I don't know what the hell we should do. Keeping Frost and firing Frost both seem like bad ideas right now, you won't see me strongly lobbying for either.
My point is we know what firing every one accomplishes. We’ve been doing it for 20 years.
And every year prior to this one accept perhaps two Suh years we were embarrassed in multiple games. This year that hasn’t happened.
Surely that is worth giving Frost two more years if certain assistants are replaced.

My point is we know what firing every one accomplishes. We’ve been doing it for 20 years.
And every year prior to this one accept perhaps two Suh years we were embarrassed in multiple games. This year that hasn’t happened.
Surely that is worth giving Frost two more years if certain assistants are replaced.

Are the assistants the problem? And if they are, wouldn't a quality head coach have known that two years ago? I mean at some point, the guy earning $600K per month should be held accountable. Four years is extremely generous.

Are the assistants the problem? And if they are, wouldn't a quality head coach have known that two years ago? I mean at some point, the guy earning $600K per month should be held accountable. Four years is extremely generous.
How do you discount what firing coaches for 20 years has accomplished?

Last edited:

How do you discount what firing coaches for 20 years has accomplished?
You are smoking crack if you can’t recognize that SF is just a bad coach.

cigar man and Austin were incompetent last year and SF did nothing and brought them back to disgrace us again this year. We are a b year four and we don’t have a backup qb who SF feels comfortable putting in the game when AM is supposedly hurt. What incompetence

so it would be a waste of oxygen to give SF another year

Firing two of them that were .700 didn’t accomplish much. How do we fire folks who are .700, and keep someone who hasn’t even sniffed a winning season in year 4?
Well that only mean perhaps we shouldn’t have fired them but as to Frost the evidence is clear we need try getting of this cycle of firing coaches which if the past is any indication it will surely set us back.

Why I think this is more nuanced then simply his record is the fact in the last 20 years we’ve had three years with out blowout losses. 2010, 2015 and the year currently. Let’s wait till the end of the season. Let’s see what the rest of the games look like. Let’s see what Trev has in mind.

just my opinion. I also have to say your cost analysis failed to account for the intangibles of having a connection to the Osborn years hear.

I think Trev is more than capable of making the right decision here. Whether that’s new assistants or a new head coach.

You are smoking crack if you can’t recognize that SF is just a bad coach.

cigar man and Austin were incompetent last year and SF did nothing and brought them back to disgrace us again this year. We are a b year four and we don’t have a backup qb who SF feels comfortable putting in the game when AM is supposedly hurt. What incompetence

so it would be a waste of oxygen to give SF another year
Nope , I don’t touch the stuff.

Thought of this while reading another thread. Maybe we can keep this a little more on topic. My concern with the belief of keeping SF and forcing him to change out some assistants is the effectiveness of it.

There have already been many posts on whether we would get quality assistants to come to the titanic so that one has been beat to death. My question is how welcome would Scott be to the change they would try and bring. First off they’d have to learn Scott’s offense, abide by his practice schedule and his coaching style. It would be a one year learning process there alone. Does anyone really believe changing out some assistants will make this team look like they should in the 5th year?
It worked for Frank. Defense was remarkably better; too bad Pedersen had already determined Frank’s fate before the assistant changes

If I want ties to Nebraska, these are my 2 coaching hires in the off season.

Peetz has the NFL experience that will allow him to recruit top talent, and with Eddie O out the door, he’ll be available.

Garrison coming back would allow us to get back to the running attack that we were able to produce under Pelini with Ameer and Rex

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back