• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

New assistant coaches.

Bo didn't seem to have much of a learning curve when Frank hired him nor did the other assistants Frank hired for the 2003 season. Tuioti seemed to adjust okay.
bo was the coordinator and given free run. This offense is run by the head coach.

Last edited:

Thought of this while reading another thread. Maybe we can keep this a little more on topic. My concern with the belief of keeping SF and forcing him to change out some assistants is the effectiveness of it.

There have already been many posts on whether we would get quality assistants to come to the titanic so that one has been beat to death. My question is how welcome would Scott be to the change they would try and bring. First off they’d have to learn Scott’s offense, abide by his practice schedule and his coaching style. It would be a one year learning process there alone. Does anyone really believe changing out some assistants will make this team look like they should in the 5th year?
I dont

@Hville I am confused here, if the ol coach is placing them in the wrong blocking scheme why is that not on him?
Because the scheme makes the assignments. Not the offensive line coach. Now if the lineman isn’t following the assigned blocking patterns that is on the line coach. Quite truthfully if you go back and rewatch games and watch the times they get early penetration to blow up a play that person is rarely touched. I know some plays by design they leave a guy alone so I’m not sure but it’s frustrating if you go back and watch.

Because the scheme makes the assignments. Not the offensive line coach. Now if the lineman isn’t following the assigned blocking patterns that is on the line coach. Quite truthfully if you go back and rewatch games and watch the times they get early penetration to blow up a play that person is rarely touched. I know some plays by design they leave a guy alone so I’m not sure but it’s frustrating if you go back and watch.
There seems to be some fairly simple stunts by the defenses that we do not pick consistently.

I don’t know. What I know about ol line blocking I’ve more then exhausted(which is to say very little) but I find it hard to believe the OL coach isn’t responsible for blocking schemes.

I’ve listened to the Dr Rob pod casts and it sounds like he doesn’t like our scheme either but It sounds like he thinks it’s on the ol coach.

I don’t know. What I know about ol line blocking I’ve more then exhausted(which is to say very little) but I find it hard to believe the OL coach isn’t responsible for blocking schemes.

I’ve listened to the Dr Rob pod casts and it sounds like he doesn’t like our scheme either but It sounds like he thinks it’s on the ol coach.
The offensive line coach is the running coordinator and helps design the blocking scheme. He helps come up with the running back rotation and plan out the running game. That’s why he got the title and raise.

Thought of this while reading another thread. Maybe we can keep this a little more on topic. My concern with the belief of keeping SF and forcing him to change out some assistants is the effectiveness of it.

There have already been many posts on whether we would get quality assistants to come to the titanic so that one has been beat to death. My question is how welcome would Scott be to the change they would try and bring. First off they’d have to learn Scott’s offense, abide by his practice schedule and his coaching style. It would be a one year learning process there alone. Does anyone really believe changing out some assistants will make this team look like they should in the 5th year?
The snake rots from head down. SF is the biggest problem and changing offensive coaches won't change outcomes unless for some miraculous unknown reason SF all of sudden to learn from his mistakes

The offensive line coach is the running coordinator and helps design the blocking scheme. He helps come up with the running back rotation and plan out the running game. That’s why he got the title and raise.
Exactly my point. Hence why fire the head coach and go back to multiple blow out losses yearly.

Exactly my point. Hence why fire the head coach and go back to multiple blow out losses yearly.
I hope you’re right. I have said before that I trust whatever Trev decides. I will root for whom ever the coach is. I don’t get to watch practice or have any inside information so my opinion isn’t any more valid than anyone else’s. I’m hoping your opinion ends up being right. I actually want to be wrong.

It does seem that we need some tweaks to the staff. 2 Lb coaches is stupid imo. Our QB guru doesn't seem to have any real acumen at coaching up our Boys or we would have seen Smothers this past weekend. OL is one of our major weaknesses and it has multiple issues. TE have improved. WR have improved. NOT sold on Held yet, but he seems like maybe the proper coach to be running game coordinator since Frost has already alluded to him understanding option football. Can't really speak to our OC since I'm not too sure how much he truly controls.

good thread of this guy..

Thanks for sharing this! I really enjoyed it. Adam brings up a lot of things that have been said on here. He brought up how a quarterback has to be a closer. This is one of the most important parts of being a great quarterback. All the greats have been good closers. He talks about how Martinez wasn’t good his sophomore or Junior years and hasn’t made progress from his freshman year. Also we haven’t seemed to develop any depth at the position. He brought up the fact that we don’t need to linebacker coaches and should spend that extra spot on a special teams coach. I agree with everything he said including giving Frost a fifth year for the reasons he laid out. Very nice video!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back