• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Nebraska vs Wisconsin Cancelled

Anyone with a brain saw this coming. The Kevin didn't want to play and only did so because of pressure. He got a few academics to agree with him and they put into place an absurd, non-scientificly backed program to ensure games were canceled.

@J-Abs

Thanks!

That answers my first question but now I would really like to see Wisconsin make an effort to provide the rest of the teams in the Big Ten with some kind of lessons learned / how we would’ve done it different / tips report.

Hell, this damn dysfunctional conference should REQUIRE it!

It’s a common sense thing

Wiscy hasn’t given us anything from this game except disappointment and economic loss. It’s the least they could do.

And yes, I realize that there would be no fans at the game but what about all the restaurants and sports bars in Lincoln and Omaha that we’re going to hold “events“ of some type as well as the hotel housing the Wisconsin team. Camera crews, announcers, officials etc....

Last edited:

Paul Chryst never once had his mask over his nose that entire Wiscy Illinois game....even the interview after.

I said to myself while watching the game....How odd...wonder if the Big will fine him like the SEC has done...

And representing such a liberal institution as Wisconsin....

Just lost what little respect I had for Barry.
His remarks at the end were very inappropiate. They do have the right to make such a decision for their team obviously but to fail to graciously acknowledge the impact and defensively diminish the relative disappointment of the other team is bush league.

Interesting that not even the BTN host mentioned their opponent that was affected as well by this until the very end and then only obliquely. It makes it obvious that Nebraska has no real standing in the B1G. If Wisconsin was playing another member the impact on their side would have been part of the story and Alvarez would have been expected to address it.

Last edited:

Chryst has been criticized for wearing his face covering improperly during the Badgers’ 45-7 win over Illinois last week to start the Big Ten’s truncated season. Chryst was seen multiple times on the television broadcast with his mask not covering his nose, and at other times with his mask underneath his chin. Chryst spoke with players, coaches and officials with his mask down

As a person who wears glasses, I have found ways to deal with my glasses fogging up with a mask. Also, if I want my kids to wear a mask, I make sure I show my kids that I wear one too. I think the Wisconsin problem started at the top.

I may wonder about his efforts to contain this based on those photos and obviously the results, but for Paul Chryst this is obviously serious business. I wish him well and hope he has a full and quick recovery.

Last edited:

Because that is not the case.
Of course not....at least not in entirety.

so many other factors going on at the same time. But it certainly was part of the equation.

Wisconsin had nothing to gain by going ahead and playing.
Health wise
economically
Football wise

and a LOT to lose....

So it didn’t...

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back